Date: Thursday 15th December 2012
Venue: Musgrave Street & Stockland Rockhampton
Time: 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Mission: Be part of the annual Cancer Council Christmas Parade
Trooper Attendance: Angelman, JOKer, LadyTarkin, Nerf
Guest Trooper Attendance: Sithershaw
Support Crew: Darkcyde + Cancer Council Helpers
Injuries: None
Malfunctions: Angelman thought he lost his thermal detonator whilst doing Gungan style (but he wasn't wearing it).
Nerf had to cease trooping early as he suffered a battery or fan failure.

Public Incidents: A young lady attempted to walk away with Angelman's Hasbro E-11, swiftly dealt with by the Cancer Council helpers. Some young lads attempted to put Rex in a head lock, but this was sorted out quickly also. Given the enormous amount of people the crowd were very well behaved.

Mission Status: Success

Photos: See below
Detail:

It was a hot day in the Rockhampton system, something was a buzz with the citizens. Even young Padme and young Princess Leia spent extra time on doing their hair.
1630 hours came around all too soon, Darkcyde piloted his RAV (Rapid Assault Vehicle), Angelman piloted his HUTAV (Hybrid Urban Troop Assault Vehicle) with amazing precision they both arrived at the drop zone within seconds of each other and only metres apart.
Security was tight around the event, Reserve Rebel Pilots (SES) and Imperial Police were everywhere. We were directed to our awaiting vessel, complete with large ramp for easy boarding.

[Image: ParadeStart.jpg]

An impressive sight for the citizens of the Rockhampton system, the were may hails to Captain Rex and Padme. Some were calling out for lollies or was it disintegration? We weren't sure, many younglings were disappointed when they realised our armour doesn't have any pockets in which to carry confectionery.

[Image: Onthefloat2.jpg]

The crowds stretched for many Imperial kilometers.

[Image: Thousandslinedthestreetsjpg.jpg]

Once our transport had reached it's Stockland destination the boarding ramp was again lowered to facilitate easy egress for our troops to stage their invasion of the Stockland complex. All sorts of festive creatures were loose in complex.

[Image: FrostytheSnowman.jpg]

Apparently reindeer, unlike the Wampa species from Hoth, like to rub noses to say hello? Who knew?

[Image: RexandReindeer.jpg]

The Cancer Council Helpers collected bags of money (I'll try to find out the figure later). This trooper walked away from this troop feeling great, so many smiling faces, so many photos taken. The time went be so quickly.
Thanks to K-Mart for their staff room for us to use as our break and de-armour area (thanks Sithershaw for organising that). Big thanks to the Cancer Council Helpers who assisted in wrangling for us, and a huge thanks to Darkcyde for wrangling (and strapping in a fresh battery for me).

Michael TK6729 out
<static burst>
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
great job all, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night !
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

No doubt, one of the best troops attended Smile
AND before anyone mentions it, I am going to make a proper belt for the Leia costume (I detest the Rubies one).... when I get time .... and a blaster.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
It was truly a terrific evening with so many smiling faces on and off the float!
DW2012  :GCSN12:
:DW13:  GCSN13

Hi5
Awesome stuff guys and gals....
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Nice work Troopers.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
great work

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 387 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 660 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2021 Troop #1 Bolt_2112 6 1,553 Wednesday 24-Aug-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112