New Recruit
Hey Baytrooper, what system do you hail from?
We have troopers everywhere these days, so we probably have someone near you.
What's your callsign inspired from?

Oh and welcome to the best darn garrison on the planet, lots of great friendly members to help you on this wonderful journey. Remember to circle May 4th 2013 on your calendar.

Your not the first cadet to have a Rubies and you mostly won't be the last, hard decisions to make, but what we do is so rewarding and so worth it. (We just did the Special Children's Christmas Party today).

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin
Rockhampton System
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Saturday 24-Nov-2012, 06:57 PM)Angelman Wrote:  Hey Baytrooper, what system do you hail from?
We have troopers everywhere these days, so we probably have someone near you.
What's your callsign inspired from?

Oh and welcome to the best darn garrison on the planet, lots of great friendly members to help you on this wonderful journey. Remember to circle May 4th 2013 on your calendar.

Your not the first cadet to have a Rubies and you mostly won't be the last, hard decisions to make, but what we do is so rewarding and so worth it. (We just did the Special Children's Christmas Party today).

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin
Rockhampton System

From the Fraser Coast System, Hervey Bay.
I cant wait to be approved for 501st and get in on all the action.
Looking for a REAL kit as we speak.
Lesson learned, more research should have been done. I rushed into things a bit. Oh well, Troop on I guess
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Hervey Bay, cool, my folks are down there, so we do get down there occasionally, might have to organise something down the track (we don't get there as often as we would like).
I hear it's no problem to sell off a Rubies kit anyway (they're good for parties and stuff like that).
Looking at your picture are you tall (or are those chest and ab pieces shorter than they should be), this could be an important consideration in your choice of armour.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Saturday 24-Nov-2012, 07:35 PM)Angelman Wrote:  Hervey Bay, cool, my folks are down there, so we do get down there occasionally, might have to organise something down the track (we don't get there as often as we would like).
I hear it's no problem to sell off a Rubies kit anyway (they're good for parties and stuff like that).
Looking at your picture are you tall (or are those chest and ab pieces shorter than they should be), this could be an important consideration in your choice of armour.

181cm or 5'11
Any suggestions on who/where to get a kit from?
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Welcome mate Smile
You're in good hands here at the Redbacks, everyone is super helpful, and as you've already seen, anything you need to know, just ask Smile
For the Rubies, from what I understand from threads and what not, you're better off getting another, more accurate kit and doing your own build, it seems to be less time and effort (plus building costumes is great fun), I'd suggest dropping Seantrooper a PM, he's our Garrison attache to the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, and will probably be the best person to point you towards the best armour suppliers and what not for the level of accuracy that you decide to do your build towards.
I'm up in Rocky like Angelman, so if you ever get up this way, make sure to drop us a message, we're always keen to meet new cadets and troopers, and it doesn't take much of an excuse to get us armoured up and trooping somewhere
Welcome Baytrooper hopefully we can get your enthusiasm turned into an approved costume asap. My grandparents used to live at Point Vernon so would be keen to catch up sometime. Doppeldaumen1 There are a few "fast" options to getting approved Jawa's and Imperial Officers for 2.

Look out for AP's ( armour parties) where people get together drink chat and sometimes put armour together. Its a good chance to see costumes and decide what you want to do.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Heya Bay, and welcome to the RBG. I see you have already been given the bad news, and have received the good news too, that being that you are in a group that will point on the right path to getting yourself approved. Also don't feel bad, you're not the first person to come on board with a rubies kit and end putting it on display and getting a better kit.
welcome to the redback forums Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi there BayTrooper. As Hop said, you're not the only person to fall into the Rubies "trap". I bought one when I started here, but saw my mistake, sold the Rubies and lived happy ever after. Didn't even open it.

Everyone here is always ready to help each other out, so please ask as many questions as you like.

SniperSmile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)