Hey Redbacks
Hi new on here but have encountered some of you several times at Supanovas that convinced me I need to do something about joining. Have just completed a blaster build and v keen to keep up with some more prop building and this seems like the right place. Hopefully I'll be able to learn some new skills and contribute as well myself.
Hi Bodie27, Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile

You've joined up at a perfect time for Blaster Building and also Prop Building...

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
welcome and yes skill learning is something I've been enjoying.

Catch you at Tim's Blaster Party
DW2013 to DW2018
Gday Bodie its always good to get guys with prop making skills in the garrison. Doppeldaumen1 If you are free this Saturday there is going to be a Blaster Party i.e. were some of the garrison are getting together and converting some toy blasters into something more Star Warsie here is the link to the thread http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-5881.html . If you can make it pm Oevil1 for his address.

We are also looking at making some other interactive props during the year so you will have plenty of opportunities to learn some skills, and maybe teach us some as well.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hey Bodie27,
If you happen to have some progress pics of you building your Blaster, then feel free to to post them all up here...
We love seeing progress pics... Smile

Also, where are you located, and what are your favourite Star Wars characters...???

DW2012 BN12
Thanks for the welcome. I didn't take enough pics but I could do a step by step if people would like to hear. I used a replica Denix and a real scope. It's actually surprisingly heavy so not sure how itd go for trooping but it has a great heft.
I also have made a few model Tie and Xwings and have a 1/72 Fine Molds Millenium Falcon sitting on my table staring at me while I find some time for it. I love the Falcon and of course everyones fav space pirate. I've even ordered a custom blaster rig holster from overseas. Would really appreciate meeting people that know a bit about it. As far as trooping goes I have a MR Trooper helmet but only the basic job that looks nice on the shelf but that's about all.
So I'm up in Nth Brisbane and rediscovering my love of prop making after being lured away to the motorcycling world.
Ok not sure how to put pics up so I'll go figure it out and you can see how it went
Cheers
I use Photobucket personally and find that once you upload your photos you can just copy the image address into your thread or post, and there's your photo/s for all to see... Wink

DW2012 BN12
Hey mate and welcome.

Lots of prop and blaster building going on at the moment. Any idea on what costume you might be interested in?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Not too sure about which costume. Guess I'll be taking more notice of what's out there and what people have. Still troopers have always been a personal fav since '77
Welcome Bodie, go the TK, Shiney Whitey all the way!!!!!!!!
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Def tk for the win. Unless you get convinced to go dirty

Though if you want to troop quickly you can go a soft costume option like TIE reserve pilot or officer

Oh third option is just to wrangle for a troop or two and see people's kits & pick brains then decide
DW2013 to DW2018
Hello and welcome. I too have the prop building bug and also have had my eye on the 1/72 falcon but I keep buying studio scale models but will get a falcon one day.
Hey 3Phase keep me in mind as I may be interested in selling the 1/72 Finemolds Falcon
Welcome Bodie, it was nice to meet you at the party last weekend. Doppeldaumen1
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.