Luke's Macrobinoculars
I've been sourcing parts for a screen accurate pair of the Macrobinoculars Luke uses on Tatooine in ANH. This has not been an easy task, as the parts needed are extremely rare. Basically they are all just old camera parts stuck together to make the prop, with a few plates connecting them.

[Image: macro2.jpg]

Parts needed:

2 x Kalimar Six/Sixty Cameras

[Image: 1425156_1_l.jpg]

1x Eumig Servomatic Camera

[Image: Eumig.jpg]

1 x Seagull Camera

[Image: Seagull-camera.jpg]

1 x Bell & Howell Two/Twenty Camera

[Image: 7162a.jpg]

Plus an aluminium plate to mount the lenses, and a transition box for the viewfinder.

Here are the parts I have collected so far. I'm waiting on the Seagull and the lens plate. I will also need to make a clip so it can be held on a belt. There are a few parts on this that no one has been able to indentify as yet, so I will not be adding them til they are found.

[Image: DSC01821_zps82fd2a9e.jpg]

[Image: DSC01822_zps0cde021d.jpg]
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

I love your work Michael... Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
wow! thats a lot of old junk you have to collect to do that... nice work though
DW2013 to DW2018
Impressive parts hunting mate!
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Yeah nice work, I've seen the Lenses come up for sale from time to time, but always expensive.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
I have been thinking about building Luke's macrobinoculars this for about 6 months to go with my Luke Skywalker outfit, however have been stumped with the cost and rareness of parts for it. I have an Eumig electric R here, but the cost of the lenses, view finders and other parts are insane.

Also the idea of destroying 2 professional cameras alone just to get the lenses for just a prop, is not easy to fathom.Sad
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Not junk Duras! Old cameras, like old watches, are works of art!
(Friday 8-Mar-2013, 01:22 PM)The Sniper Wrote:  Also the idea of destroying 2 professional cameras alone just to get the lenses for just a prop, is not easy to fathom.Sad

I'm not the first to do it, and definitely wont be the last Smile

If you just want the "Look", you can use any old lens, but I am going for accuracy.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

True, but for my Luke, I don't have the credits$$$ to make it super accurate. I'd be happy to make it look close. Need to save up for my new costume for nex year.Wink
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
(Friday 8-Mar-2013, 01:33 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  Not junk Duras! Old cameras, like old watches, are works of art!

My Father in law would totally agree with u there rach he collects old cameras
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk