Hi there Redbacks! I am a long time SciFi geek and StarWars in particular. I have always wanted to have a costume and have finally started researching and planing for it. I am brand new to the costume thing but i am supper excited to get started. I am very interested in a Republic Commando armour or a HAVOC squad character. Hope to be up and running by Halloween!

OzCaribou
Hello OzCaribou, Welcome to the Redback forums...

Sounds like a great costume choice... :-)

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi there and welcome to the Redbacks.

Good to hear you are doing research, and ask lots of questions.

Where are you based?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you've made the first step and started narrowing down your costume choices. There are plenty of members who have done clones recently so you'll have no shortage of great advice. Have fun.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Thanks guys... I definitely need to make a final decision... but I want both! oh bother...

Phantom... Brisbane is where I live... a friend of mine is one of your sand troopers (TD 6068)... Question - Do we have any armourers here in the Garrison or do we import from the US usually?
Welcometo Caribou, Im guessing you have seen Cavalier's armour up close and have some idea about the journey you are about to start. Doppeldaumen1 With the Clone Armour I'm pretty sure there aren't any local makers but if you look at some of the build threads there are some clone builds you can have a look at. If you are free next weekend we will be at some of the "Shave for a Cure" events so come along and say hi.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Sounds like an idea there stormraven... I will check the skedg... unfortunately shift work mucks you around a bit.... but we shall see... Where will you blokes be located? I mean what event locations?
Maroochydore on Friday night, Ipswich and Mt Ommaney on Saturday, and Morayfield on Sunday. Doppeldaumen1

Here's some details about the Ipswich/Mt Ommaney troops.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-5994.html
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Hey and Welcome.

I guess you could narrow your choice down. HAVOC Squad, of The Old Republic, is a good guy unit. So therefore they would be Rebel Legion. Whereas Republic Commandos are considered both Good and Bad as they eventually became Imperial Commandos. Much like the Clones became Stormtroopers. Therefore, out of your 2 choices, you'll want to go Republic Commando for 501st approval. The CRLs can be found at the main 501st site here, http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CTN_CRL .
righty o Hopfot... even the blokes who went over to the sith? cool set of armour though.
thanks...
Welcome Smile
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!