g'day from daldy way
hey guys and girls,
just like to say hi and introduce myself. my names john and im from the outskirts of dalby qld. after seeing the amazing work you guys do for those less fortunate then most of us i have always wanted to join the 501st but didn live anywhere near a garrison or many fellow star wars fans, after recently moving up here with my gf, ( im from port stephens near newcastle ) i saw the redbacks and wanted to pursue a trooping career, so with the help of other members id like to share my love for star wars by building up my first set of stormtrooper armour and report for duty..

cheers. john
Welcome to a whole new world jon88g2412 (phew thats a mouthful)
DW2013 to DW2018
lol thanks duras Smile
So see you posted about doing a stormtrooper or TK as they get called around here

You will be wise then to also so up to the whitearmor.net site which covers all things trooper
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi John, so you are a Dalby boy. My family all lives there and I am in Toowoomba. we have quite a few here in Tbar and have our 4GR give me 5 for kids troop coming up at the end of June at grand Central.
Come along and introduce yourself.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
thanks again duras. yeah tk is wat im all about lol il deffo have a look at that site. iv seen armour pre made by jedi robe in the uk?? are they reliable??. cheers agent smith il be at the grand central event to say hi and get more info, i saw it on the events forum and made a date of it Smile
Welcome!
Welcome jon88g2412 you are never too far away from a Star Wars fan, and the Redbacks are a growing garrison so you can be our first Dalby representative Doppeldaumen1 . As it is there are a few of the garrison up in Tbar and if you keep and eye on the events page http://www.501st.com.au/forum/events.php there will be a few events you may be able to make it along the 4GR Give me 5 for kids and the Carnival of Flowers are probably the 2 main ones though.

While Stormtroopers are a great and iconic costume they do take some time and effort, and there are a few soft costumes like the Reserve Pilot which can help fast track you into joining the 501st. Still do what appeals to you the most and don't be afraid to ask any questions ( its always better to ask too many than not enough ).
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
No...it's not accurate enough to be approved.... And only can be after a lot of work

I'd try to make a troop like the one agent smith mentioned so that you can have a bit of touch & feel with the kit and ask questions.

On the white armor site there are fan made kits which are better then what you can get from Jedi robe but you do just need to put it together yourself
DW2013 to DW2018
thanks guys yeah i think thats a good il come have a look at wat i need to do and go down the right path
Welcome John, another Shiney Whitey is always welcome.

As you've been advised definitely don't buy from Jedi Robe, it's a recast and way overpriced. The "Getting Started" Post on White Armor is where you want to start your armor research. It lists the various vetted armor suppliers and you'll find them a friendly bunch just like us. Another good thing to do is to look through the EIB/Centurion (extra levels of accuracy) submissions as the troopers who apply list the kit they used, along with their height & weight which gives you a good chance to see what various armor will look like on your body size.

Have fun with your research, hope to meet you at a troop in future.
Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi Mate
Welcome to the Redbacks! I have family from out your way too, and in Toowoomba!
You're in good hands for advice on the stormtrooper armour, and the lads are right, a good start is to come to an event and see for yourself the different kinds of kits and what might suit your build and budget. They are iconic costumes and look great in groups! Good luck with it!
Hi John, Good to see you were able to sign up.

Shinnies are always the way to go. As bids has mentioned, head on over to http://www.whitearmor.net/ that site will give you next to all the information that you will need about who to buy from and the different ways of assembling it.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
wow thanks guys white armours a real help. cant wait to catch up with use at future events, but for the moment... research
Hi Jon and welcome.

Looks like you have got a lot of good info.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15