Mater little miracles walk
Troop Report 
Date: 02/06/2013

Venue: South Bank Parklands

Time: 0700 - 1200

Mission:
Mater Little Miracles 5ks is a charity walk to raise funds for sick babies and children cared for at Mater Mothers and Mater Children's Hospital. At the start/finish line, we create a "carnival" style atmosphere, with food, games, a jumping castle, facepainting, music and roving entertainers such as magicians, clowns, "Dora the Explorer" and more.

Trooper Attendance:
TB - Trillia
TD - Blueski
TD - Cavalier
TD - Rubber
TC - Mortogg
TK - Bullant
SL - Muppet
ID - Stormraven

Guest Trooper Attendance:
RT - Sniper
JD - Gene Neon
JD - Jaedus Teal
JD - Satay
JD - JediMel

GA - WrigZac
GA - Lauren

Support Crew:
Crea8tive
Mrs Bullant
Cutter

Detail:
Once again called to provide our legendary awesomeness to make a great event even more memorable the Redback garrison and Tatooine base and began to arrive at the locale know as South Bank. Ariiving early at first it appeared as though some Rebel Fleet Troopers had already secured the sight and were cleaning it up. However on closer inspection it turned out that were in fact South Bank groundstaff ( but give them helmets and they could submit approval pics ).

We found our change area and quickly commandeered the adjacent tent as well, fortunately Max the Mater Little Miracles mascot didn't mind sharing - thanks Max. By 0830 a number of people had begun to arrive and Lord Vader and troopers went out to help bring balance to the Jedi force that add arrayed. And despite their propaganda attempts it was clear that Vader was the crowd favourite. After a little while of providing photo memories we were called to provide a backdrop for a Ch 9 weather cross, but the producer was obviously a Rebel sympathiser and placed some Jedi in front of Vader.

Shortly afterwards the walk was started and a few troopers and Jedi under took the 5km walk and soon came across some other troopers who were dressed as superheroes for the day ( great work D2L ). While the walkers were away a reduced imperial presence still managed to keep the remaining crowd in check and even found the time to paint the Imperial Cog on a car.

Before too long the walkers started to return and troopers began to disarmor and after listening to a few speeches began to move off.

Charity Funds Raised:
At last count the Mater Little miracles had raised about $170 000 but our appearance was priceless.

Injuries:
Some sore feet

Malfunctions:
Blueski blew some shin armor but survived.

Public Incidents:
Just the general ohh wow factor, and the occasional screaming child

Mission Status:
An outstanding success the crowds were awestruck and the organiser would love to have back again next time.

Link to photos http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...t=4&page=1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
My first 5k walk. It was fun, but boy was I tired by the end of it. Looking forward to doing it again next year, definitely need to trim my armour a bit before the 10k walks!
Great morning... looking forward to supporting again soon while that armor of mine is getting closer.
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Great work troopers and good troop report, sounds like a big success!
well done troopers!!
Woohooo! A fun day, and well attended Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
gr8 work all..............you did a great job and walking in armor, wow, I take my helmet off to you Smile
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Mater little miracles 5k fun run Nilrem 9 11,089 Wednesday 8-Jun-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Altair
  Mater Little Miracles Walk 2015 Mortogg 6 10,816 Thursday 4-Jun-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: DannytheBlue