Wookiees VS Stormtroopers Roller Derby bout, Gold Coast Roller Derby
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 22nd June 2013

Venue: Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium

Time: 6pm – 9:30pm

Mission: Stormtroopers VS Wookiees Roller Derby bout – To bring an imperial presence to the roller derby and shake the tins for Gimme 5 for kids appeal.

Trooper Attendance:
Terrorfirma – TK and Ref-Trooper
Moxxxie – TK and Femme Trooper
Blade_Seduction - TX
Chopper – Tie Pilot
Spooky – Jawa
J’Girl – Imperial Officer
Madine – TD
Ashbash – Bo Katan
Little Loki – wrangling

Detail: A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, a women’s not for profit roller derby league decided to host an all-out Star Wars themed bout!

Carrara Indoor stadium became a mash up of roller derby and sci fi culture, as Gold Coast Roller Derby hosted a very special ‘Star Wars’ themed event. It’s as close to a trip to the Mos Eisley Spaceport as you’re going to get without leaving the planet!

Roller derby is the fastest growing female sport in Australia, and two Gold Coast teams of bounty hunting, booty blocking roller girls battled out for victory.

Roller derby is played on roller skates, and the rough and tumble nature of the game, coupled with bright outfits and loud personalities makes it a spectacular spectator sport.

Charity Funds Raised:
still waiting on the email from Captain Killjoy (funds were collected by GCRD)

Injuries: None that I know of

Public Incidents: The public was well behaved.

Mission Status: HUGE success. The crowds swarmed for photos, we got a clap and a cheer from both teams and the refs told us we all looked ‘badass’ .

Photos: still waiting on others photographs but for now please enjoy one of the official photographers galleries (please respect the watermark and do not shop it out)
http://www.therollerderbyphotographer.co...-star-wars

and a note from me... thank you all who came along. My two worlds collided for a night and I had so much fun. Captain Killjoy even mentioned the possibility of a future event Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Sounds like a great night. Well done!!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work troopers! Loved the Ref trooper Smile
Was a great night, Ref Trooper was fun but had a few failures so I has to change back into the normal TK. Was fun to be on skates for a bit as well, the crowds had a blast.

Terror
Sorry I missed this, promise to be there for the next one Wink
This message came through from Emma "Major Rage" Gilland on our Facebook page
"Hi Guys, just wanted to say a massive thankyou for your support at the Gold Coast Roller Derby bout last night. It wouldn't have been as epic without you, and we really appreciate your time and talents!! Look forward to hopefully doing it all again next year! X"

Well done troopers
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
great work troopers!!

also, photo link isn't working for me
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Great night my first official troop and derby experience
Ee chee wa maa!
[Image: ewok.gif]
Good work guys, wish I could have made it.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
AWESOME !!!, great TK REF Mark and great job everyone
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

So Cool. I really wanted to be there to meet the team and garrison.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
Well done, great theme great sport growing in popularity. Good to see some troopers getting behind this.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ABC Gold Coast - May The Fourth Be With You Ktty 2 1,502 Thursday 13-May-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass
Troop Report Gold Coast Supanova 2019 Squid 5 4,527 Thursday 9-May-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: APOK
  Hospital Heroes Ball - Gold Coast Hospital Foundation Darth Cooper 7 7,308 Thursday 23-Aug-2018, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Ktty