Troop Report 
Date:
21st July 2013

Venue:
Bald Hills Road, Bald Hills

Time:
07:30-10:30

Mission:
To encourage participants as they crossed the line after a 6, 10 or 15 Km walk, run or cycle.

Trooper Attendance:
TK-8547 Bullant (Finish line)
TD-6068 Cavalier (15 Km walk)

Guest Trooper Attendance:
None.

Support Crew:
None.

Detail:
After a great turnout last year we were invited back to cheer on participants as they crossed the finish line after either a 6, 10 or 15 Km walk, run or cycle.

Cavalier decided that he would do the 15Km walk as part of his push to do 100 Km in armour this year.

The local citizens were a little wary of me to start with, but soon warmed up and there were high fives all round and plenty of pictures being taken.

I was co-opted into taking part in the "5 steps to a healthy body" presentation which involved a lot of bouncing and jumping and resulted in a few popped pieces of velcro, all easily fixed.

One of the personal trainers came up and spoke to me and said she was interested in becoming a TK, so we had a good talk about that and hopefully she will sign up soon.

We didn't raise a massive amount of money, but I was very touched by the young boy who came up and put ALL of his pocket money that he had made over the last couple of months by doing chores into the bucket. I spoke to his mum and there will be a small package on the way to him next week as a thank you.

Cavalier came across the line at around 9:30, he would have been finished sooner but he hung back to finish with the last two walkers from the 15 Km group so they wouldn't have to walk alone. The crowd were pretty happy and surprised to see that he had walked the entire way in armour, and then went straight into joining in the "Tai Chi with a rubber ball" demonstration!

Charity Funds Raised:
$58.90 for Camp Quality

Injuries:
TBC, the back of Cavalier's left knee could be an issue, despite extra padding.

Malfunctions:
None.

Public Incidents:
None.

Mission Status:
Complete success.

Photos:
None unfortunately, as there were no wanglers to take any.
Well done gents, top effort.

As for the kid who put all his pocket money in, what a champ!!!

Terror
One thigh crack from my angry cod piece and some bark off the back of my knee (just enough to sting in the shower!)...
Thx Andrew for cheering me over the line and great bucket and recruiting skills!!!!
It is a shame when the numbers don't happen but that's my second time there and they were great! Thx for the lift too Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Nice work fellas
Goods work guys sorry I couldn't be there. Curse you real life!
Congrat's Troopers.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Sunday 21-Jul-2013, 07:53 PM)APOK Wrote:  Goods work guys sorry I couldn't be there. Curse you real life!

See you at the next one!!!! (Bring music...!!)
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
well done
Nice one, guys!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Bayside to Bald Hills Phantom 20 31,265 Wednesday 25-Jul-2012, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Rayvn