Hey everyone, just saying hello :)
Hi everyone, just checking in and saying hello Smile My name is Anthony and some friends call me Lando (a short and relatively uninteresting story about that). I'm a life long Star Wars fan and I generally focus my interest on Star Wars Lego (Lego shows being one of the places I've run across the 501st) but I've decided that I'd like to work towards getting a costume and being a part of such an awesome group of people Smile

A little bit about me, I'm an air traffic controller at Brisbane Airport, married with a little boy currently 6 months old, and probably more to follow if my wife gets her way Cheeky Just in the process of moving house so a little busy, but I wanted to make time to get started on this process at least Smile

I'm thinking I'd like to work on a TK costume, and I'll have to do a bit more research, having seen some of the other threads and links, but any tips and pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I saw about APs and I'll try and keep an eye out for any I can get to.

I suppose one question about TK costumes, does it matter how big you are? I don't mean height, more around Cheeky always a good reason to lose some weight, but whether I should start on something else first? I remember a friend years ago saying he was going for an imperial guard costume as it was more forgiving in that regard Cheeky
Hi Lando,
Welcome to the Redbacks!! The more experienced troopers will give your advise on armour. I can help with soft parts, when your ready.
Get ready to have the best time EVER with our awesome group.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome to the best garrison in the universe!

(Tuesday 23-Jul-2013, 09:28 PM)Lando Wrote:  I suppose one question about TK costumes, does it matter how big you are? I don't mean height, more around Cheeky always a good reason to lose some weight, but whether I should start on something else first?

We have a mix of Fortified Assault Troopers (FAT) and Economical Assault Troopers (EAT) in the garrison. Part of the fun of being a TK is building the armour to fit your frame, so within reason the armour can be made to suit most body shapes.

Note that certain armour manufacturers have kits that are more suited to different body shapes and heights.

Forgot to say, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM EBAY. Almost anything you find there will not be approvable. Join up at www.whitearmor.net and have a read of lots of build threads and armour comparison threads to get a feel for the options that are out there.
Hey lando and welcome

Size matters not Smile

There are builds of armour for the larger trooper or as the phrase has been coined the Fortified Assault Trooper.

The armour I have is designed for up to a 40" waist and I'm another 5" over that. Means I have a gap between my front ab and back kidney plates of the armour but that is allowed and can be fixed up with a shim if necessary

There are quite a few troops coming up some feel free to sign up to wrangle if there are not any ap's coming up soon as you can then free someone up to jump In to their armour at the troop and you will still get to see stuff up close and pick brains.

Doh bullant got in with the FAT first Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Thanks everyone for the quick replies Smile I had picked up the eBay no good thing but thanks for the reminder again Smile I will have a look at the other sites mentioned, and keep an eye out for chances to wrangle as well too Smile
Hey mate and welcome to the Redbacks.

Sounds like you are getting some good info and tips. Any questions just ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
welcome Smile

from memory, the tallest TK in the Legion is something like 6'8, so it's definitely possible to build them for taller troopers
So you're the one to blame for delayed landings at the airport Smile just kidding Smile
Welcome aboard Anthony. I'm at Wynnum if you ever wanted to look at some armour in the flesh, but as already suggested, come along to a troop and see all sorts of armour.
Welcome to the Forum Anthony. It's great to see you keen and already researching. As mentioned FISD is the place for all things stormtrooper. Look forward to meeting you at a Troop or AP soon.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Joker, unfortunately it's not my height I'm worried about Cheeky

Muppet, ah nice, I live in wynnum most of my life Smile hopefully I can take you up on your offer at some stage Smile And yes, I actually am one of the controllers that tell the planes to hold, but it's not our fault! Blame Brisbane Airport for not building their runway sooner Cheeky
BAC are full I project managers an no actual doers Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Lando and welcome. You have come to the right place, lots of Star Wars and Lego lovers here Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Sadly you are correct Smile but they sure know how to build car parks and shops Cheeky

Excellent Smile the house we're moving to is going to have a room just for my Star Wars and Lego stuff Wink
(Wednesday 24-Jul-2013, 09:13 AM)Lando Wrote:  Excellent Smile the house we're moving to is going to have a room just for my Star Wars and Lego stuff Wink

Lucky bugger... i have a man land but its full of tupperware and the 3 year olds toys Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Lando Smile