Hi from Townsville
Hi all,

My name is Noel and I am a long time Star Wars fan (born the same year as ANH was released). I live in Townsville and want to get in touch with local members so I can start putting together my outfit.

I have a varied history, having done time in the army, worked as a divemaster, tour operator, pearl farmer, retail manager, and studied archaeology, also I have an 18 month old son.

I have been looking at setting up an outfit for a while and have moved back and forth between TB and TK. I have read a lot of the guides on here and other sites, as well as watched the movies again (ok, this was just a good excuse to sit down and watch the movies again). Now I want to get some first hand advice before I start shelling out cash for an outfit, only to find it isn't acceptable.

Looking forward to getting involved. If there is anyone in North Queensland who can help me get started it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Welcome Smile

and wise choice not running out and spending up already.
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Noel Smile
Welcome mate, I highly recommend the TK, but then I am more than slightly biased Smile
Welcome to the forums Scout there are a few members based I Townsville ( Seantrooper, NQDude, Vepariga ) so it would be a good idea to catch up with them and have a look at some of their armor before deciding on type to go for. There is also a Rebel member up there( CatThrawn ) and I'm sure she has also studied Archaeology as well.

With your username you may be interested in looking into some of the scout armors there are in the Legion http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Pathfinders_CRL but the best advice is to choose a set of armor that appeals to you. And there are a lot to choose from.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome, Noel!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Hi and welcome.

Sounds like you have got some good advice already, researching your costume is a good thing!! Any questions just ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey guys,

thanks for the welcomes. I have tried to follow the links through this site and whitearmor on where to buy the items, but I'm not having much luck. I have found one set that, to my untrained eye, looks alright but wanted some comment. I will post some pictures and would appreciate any feedback you can give. The set is ABS and includes all the hard parts required. I have identified some parts that will require replacement but the main pieces seem ok. Any input would be great.

(i have to post over a couple of posts as it will only let me post one pic at a time)

next one

I have pics of the rest but I think you should be able to tell if this looks ok from these ones. Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Welcome aboard mate, I've just moved from Townsville but we still have a few guys up there.
seantrooper, Vepariga and NQDude are our approved members in Townsville, so talk to them about upcoming Armour Parties etc.
Also talk to muppet about the best place to get either your TK or TB armour or whatever you decide to get.
You're in good hands here whichever armour you decide to go with.
muppet goes to Townsville often, so keep an eye out for his next trip and make sure to catch up with him while he's there and ask him heaps of questions.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome Scout Smile

Seantrooper is the guy you want to talk to about all things TK related, he's the FISD attache for our Garrison, and he loves the Stormtrooper, best thing for you, he lives in Townsville, so I'm sure you two can meet up at some point and you can ask him lots of questions
Welcome Scout!
I'm one of the non approved Townsville cadets.
(I've been floating around for awhile now)
Its good to see that recruitment has not dried out this far north.
Seantrooper is the guy to ask about anything TK related.
He's saved me hours of internet digging several times.
(He even helped me put my helmet together)
Great to have you!
-TT
Peace is a lie, There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my chains are broken.
The force shall free me.
Welcome Noel, good to see you doing your research. You're in good hands with the Townsville Troopers.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi mate and welcome! Great to see another Townsvillian here!

I'd stay away from that armour that you posted up, it is most likely way overpriced and you can get a much more accurate set for a better price.

Look to this thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/
for the different makes of armour and the makers contact details.

If you don't mind me asking what size/body shape are you (height and weight) as that dictates what make of armour will suit you best.

I have a snowtrooper, TK commander and a clone that you can have a look at if you're keen to see some armour first hand.

Vep has a TB which I'm sure he won't mind having a chat to you about.

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask Smile
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Welcome Scout, Great to see another Townsvillian on board.

TK would be great but if you do a TB i'll have a partner lol your choice of course lol

I'll shoot you a PM about where I got mine.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
Welcome!!! :D
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!