E-11 Mod
Hey Guys, My Hasbro E-11 arrived today and planning on sticking the doopydoo kit on it this weekend. SO EXCITED!!!

Anyhow... just not sure what grade of sand paper to use to get rid of the typed markings?

I have gone through some great mods on these and am confident with my abilities however if anyone has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Wish me luck Smile
Good luck

I used a dermal and sander to get the most off .... Little bit of 300 grit but I didn't worry too much as counted it as weathering Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Yeah thats a good idea, it can go towards the weathering.
Thankyou.
I used a dremel with the sanding bit to get most of it off. Then a medium sanding block, then a 1000 grade to finish it off.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Sweet, I might have to buy myself a dremel. Looks like they come in handy.
Love my Dremel Smile A must have for armour building I reckon
Dremals are great... I had a cheap rotary tool at first but didn't take long to decide to upgrade to quality device Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Depending on the finish you require will depend on what grit you go for. But with any sanding it comes down to patience and to work from a medium grit to a fine grit. Generally three steps is good enough for plastic.
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Yeah ...it's that patience step I have the issues with Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Thats good guys. That gives me some things to think about. I'm not going to stress too much about it, knowing my luck i'll most likely drop it while i'm trooping.
Hey Mr E
I'd be really interested in seeing some pics of your progress as I am doing exactly the same thing - I have a Hasbro E11 and want to use the Doopy Doo conversion kit. Any chance you could load some pics into a photobucket account (that is what we use here on the forums) and put them on your build/mod thread? It'd be super helpful. Good luck with the mod!
Will do mate.
Drop a PM (private message) to Dengar here on the forums, he's a Rockhampton local and did a doopies conversion, he may be able to give you a few pointers as well.
Keld is also a Rockhampton local, he likes model making and is good with paints, so have a chat to him about glues and the paint job.
I troop with a painted black standard Hasbro, but I have scratch built E-11 for special occasions, which your welcome to come and check it out or loan as a reference piece (if that helps).
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Cool thanks for the offer Michael.
I'm heading down to Brissy this weekend, So depending how I feel Sunday when I get back I might make a start on it.

I still haven't decided whether to cut out the scope rail or not.
Got back to Rockhampton this afternoon so thought I'd make start on it.
I had never used a dremel before but i think i went alright

[img][Image: 1.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 2.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 7.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 6.jpg][/img]

I was impressed by the putty, now to give it a light undercoat.