New Recruits - Your first outings - a guide
G'day new recruits,

Welcome to the Empire!!! As the Garrison Event Co-ordinator (GEC), I thought I would just give you a little bit of advice in regards to you when starting out with the Redback Garrison.

There are no formal guidelines for brand new recruits and their first events - which we call 'troops'. I have fielded a few enquiries over the last few weeks, so I will give you a perspective as Events Co-ordinator.

I know you are as keen as mustard to attend your first event and that is great, but it is preferred that you first go to a few of the larger, public events that the Garrison troops at - fetes/festivals, appearances at shops, exhibitions etc - so you can see what occurs at a troop - this is probably where a lot of new recruits first see or hear about us.

Introduce yourself to the troopers there and have a chat when they get a chance - these events are better for that as at the smaller events, troopers generally won't have time. It is best just to take a step back and observe how troopers interact with the public and how 'wranglers' - those who help and look after troopers - interact and operate with the armoured-up troopers and the public as well.

Get along to a Armour party (or 'AP' - a social event where we all work and help each other out on our costumes) or some social-type event, if one is on, to get to know the members in a more relaxed social setting - and getting 'hands on' advice on how to build your armour, as it can be difficult to explain over a computer.

After you are familiar and comfortable with how trooping/wrangling operates and you are on your way with your first costume - then look to wrangle at public events. It is best to get the feel of the more public events first and know how they work, then you will be more comfortable in the smaller settings like hospitals, birthday parties and the like - as the general public will ask you questions - this way you have some sort of idea - and it is a different ball game with us and sick kids . . .

With the Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) - Phantom - who approves your costumes - we can answer your queries but try to take this as a general guide for your first few outings - sorry troops - with the Redbacks!!

Cheers
Doc
Redback Garrison Event Co-ordinator
DW2011CVICVII
Brilliant job DocDoppeldaumen1
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Great writeup
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi guys thanks for the info
TK 19749
G'day Lads.
I'm 37 and have been a huge STARWARS fan since, well...forever.
I served In The Australian Army (Infantry) for over 17 years and discharged in 2013 and now currently work at QLD Parliament House as a Security Officer. Please don't judge...I just work there lol.
I am looking for some help acquiring a Phase Two Clone Trooper outfit. I reside In Caloundra, so if anyone up my way can help that would be great Wink

Regards

Michael
(Sunday 3-Jan-2016, 12:54 PM)Greenskin78 Wrote:  G'day Lads.
I'm 37 and have been a huge STARWARS fan since, well...forever.
I served In The Australian Army (Infantry) for over 17 years and discharged in 2013 and now currently work at QLD Parliament House as a Security Officer. Please don't judge...I just work there lol.
I am looking for some help acquiring a Phase Two Clone Trooper outfit. I reside In Caloundra, so if anyone up my way can help that would be great Wink

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael

You may want to re-post this in the sections below called (Normal Threads)and not in the New Recruits your first outing section. More members will see it and respond.

Welcome to the Redback forums and also go and sign up on the below link for more info on Clone armour etc.
http://clonetroopers.net/
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Very handy info!! I’m looking forward to getting involved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh Recruits Ravens6 29 27,843 Wednesday 3-Jan-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Dantryi