New RL Member C3POz
(Monday 9-Sep-2013, 11:17 AM)Oevil1 Wrote:  I guess I know now who I'll be having a photo with at SN. Smile

Me too!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
gonna look so cool beside R2 :D!
Clones are cooler
Thanks Guys. Still not 100% happy with the "mirror gold" finish ...it is far from that. I am afraid that you will have to put up with a "weathered ANH Threepio" until such a time that I can raise funds for some vac-metalising. Got a quote last week from Bronzing Studio in NSW for $3000+ ...ouch!
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
what about some gold rub n buff? i used the silver on my cyberman and it came out very nice!!!

http://www.eckersleys.com.au/products/cr...rub-n-buff
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Tuesday 10-Sep-2013, 08:44 AM)C3POz Wrote:  Thanks Guys. Still not 100% happy with the "mirror gold" finish ...it is far from that. I am afraid that you will have to put up with a "weathered ANH Threepio" until such a time that I can raise funds for some vac-metalising. Got a quote last week from Bronzing Studio in NSW for $3000+ ...ouch!

http://www.spectrachrome.com/index2.html
[Image: 160405-q3UIBsCIbCKA.jpg]
Got a whole tube of the stuff, right here. For this particular project, I had even less reflection with the Rub n Buff. Sad After heaps of research and chatting to the Threepio builders in the States the Alclad "Mirror Gold" application was the closest I could get without forking out big bills for vac-metalising.

Having actually handled a screen used suit from the Original Trilogy - as part of my job working in the Droid and Creature Department, I can tell you that the finish on mine is very similar to some of the original suits, as the suit needed to be less reflective in some close up scenes from the OT, prior to the ability to digitally remove undesired reflections. This is why the ROTS C-3PO suit is so reflective - because artists were employed to digitally remove all unwanted reflections from the set of Ep 3.

I had to repaint some original screen used parts for use on the Episode 2 incarnation of the character. I can tell you that some of the pieces I handled have the exact same amount of reflectivity that I have achieved with my suit. You would have thought that Lucasfilm could have just turned out another suit to "weather up" but, no... we had to paint over screen used pieces - and it pained me to do so. We were basically painting over historical artefacts!
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
Mean!!!

Able to post some pix here for us buddy?

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
So wonderful to see this suit completed, Warren.

Well done.

So glad it went to a great home.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
THIS IS MADNESS!
Awesome work Warren - you should be very proud of your achievements.
Most people are use to seeing the protocol droid as a golden globe award but I was gob smacked on how close this looks to the dirty screen used versions.
[Image: 9896055153_002626ec9e_b.jpg]
Awesome Suit mate. So cool.