Rockhampton - Beach Day Out (Disability Action Week)
Troop Report 
Date:
Friday, 13 September 2013

Venue:
Yeppoon Main Beach

Time:
9.30am – 1pm

Mission:
Providing some Star Wars magic for some very special children

Trooper Attendance:
RBG- Stormybrite (SL); Angleman (TK)
RL - Keld

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Bane_148; Darkcyde

Details:
In the time before Friday, 13th Loyal troops from the Redback Garrison found a flyer on the Cantina wall proclaiming a “Beach Day Out” was to be held for Disability Action week, always aware to Rebel infiltrators disrupting ceremonies of such importance, troopers Angelman and stormybrite immediately deployed to the Yeppoon system…

Upon landing in their final location, they soon found a pesky Tusken Raider (Keld) had been hiding in the transporter. The tusken quickly located high ground to survey this “Sea” he had heard about, with Angelman keeping a close watch.

[Image: IMG_3380_zps02ca9c90.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3382_zps96db8c13.jpg]

The trio were found to be ‘overdressed’ by the local people (it was a sunny day at the beach after all) and soon became a local attraction, along with the music, fire fighters, BBQ, Beach Cricket, Beach Volleyball and many other activities specially catering to younglings and adults with special needs

[Image: IMG_3333_zpsd3274f13.jpg]

After some time (and many photos later), Angelman, Stormybrite and Keld were asked to join in a local custom called “dancing”, despite the assistance of many younglings joining in, their moves left much to be desired.

[Image: IMG_3370_zps06da124b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3369_zps70a41a9d.jpg]

A suspicious device, which flew without the assistance of repulsorlifts was located and thoroughly examined, apparently this is called a “kite” by the locals. While no obvious dangers exist, string burns are quite common on windy days.

[Image: IMG_3374_zpsaff180b2.jpg]

Angelman regretted not repairing his sonic dampeners, as Keld tried to call home.

[Image: IMG_3378_zps1e7c90cb.jpg]

Not quite the “Dune Sea” they were expecting, the three made the most of a day at the beach

[Image: IMG_3396_zpsa78c5731.jpg]

Much to the delight of some curious younglings

[Image: IMG_3390_zpsd009c036.jpg]

The younglings requested imperial assistance in the making of a “sand castle” Angelman tried to help, but found the force was not with him in trying to pick up the shovel.

[Image: IMG_3402_zps4293ec8f.jpg]

Keld however, felt right at home... as happy as a Tusken in Sand can be

[Image: IMG_3407_zps4a5da063.jpg]

Eventually it was time to return to the transport, with so much positive feedback from the imperial citizens the organisers were quick to issue an invitation for the next event, set to take place roughly one Galactic year in the future.

[Image: IMG_3416_zpsef4b09d8.jpg]

(On a side note…. we made the front page of a local newspaper Jig )

Charity Funds Raised:
Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Nil

Public Incidents:
Nil

Mission Status:
Complete Success Doppeldaumen1
Nice work troops, sorry I had to miss this one with the call up to work, maybe next year
Was great fun, I highly recommend this troop, sign me up for next year.
Was especially great to see the kids from both the Rockhampton Special Schools.
And yes we are now "known" in the Yeppoon system.

One day I may actually need to learn how to dance .... but today is not that day.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Great report and photos, hopefully I can make it next year.
DW2012  :GCSN12:
:DW13:  GCSN13

Hi5
Another great effort, well done! You guys always seem to have such fun troopin'!
Nice work troopers, love the Bongo Drum pictures.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Looks like it was another great event keep up the good work Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Disability Service Providers & Participants Connection Expo- 30/04 - 01/05/21 Star Scribe 0 800 Monday 3-May-2021, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Star Scribe