Hi, I'm jas
Hi Everyone,
I'm on the Sunshine Coast and am a long term Star Wars fan. I am at the point now that I would like to build a Sandtrooper armour and was hoping you guys can set me on the right path. Whilst I'm not sure how much time I have to contribute to the 501st (I have a pretty busy life), it seems the community is very flexible and welcoming and I find this appealing and would like to keep the armour as accurate as possible to so that the option is there to be certified for the 501st. I have visited whitearmor and see there a number of recommended suppliers that make kits and I was wondering is this who Aussies typically use?
What would the typical budget be for a solid standard sandtrooper kit armour?
Do you typically source the components from one supplier?
Where should I start?

Regards

Jas
Welcome Smile
Woot more sunny coasters Smile

If you looking at doing a sandy check out the mepd site as well it's like whitearmor but dedicated to the dirty armour brigade
DW2013 to DW2018
SUNSHINE COAST, SUNSHINE COAST! Good luck with your sandtrooper build! Hope to see you progress!!!
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" - Leia

CTK-0630
Hi Jas welcome aboard, yes more sunny coasters woohoo.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
The sunny coast is growing. Great to see that. Welcome aboard jas
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
Welcome Jas.

Nice to see you doing your own research. You'll find plenty of advice & help, especially when you make the effort to do your own work.

You're definitely on the right track with whitearmor & as recommended earlier the other place for you to research is the MEPD for your sandy specific info.

Most of us have armor from one of the vetted suppliers on FISD. You need to find the armor that suits your body size/shape as close as possible, and then the other determining factors are the level of accuracy you wish to attain, and the amount you wish to spend.

A build budget is a very subjective thing, you can build basic armor from around $1200 anywhere through to $2200, depending on the level of accuracy and quality of accessories. The Sandy can run more than the stormtrooper due to the bigger blaster option and the backpack.

You'll find your accessories come from all over the place, but that's something you'll figure out as you go along. Here's a link to a thread on FISD with some great info for starters :- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Monday 14-Oct-2013, 10:33 PM)BIDS Wrote:  Welcome Jas.

Nice to see you doing your own research. You'll find plenty of advice & help, especially when you make the effort to do your own work.

You're definitely on the right track with whitearmor & as recommended earlier the other place for you to research is the MEPD for your sandy specific info.

Most of us have armor from one of the vetted suppliers on FISD. You need to find the armor that suits your body size/shape as close as possible, and then the other determining factors are the level of accuracy you wish to attain, and the amount you wish to spend.

A build budget is a very subjective thing, you can build basic armor from around $1200 anywhere through to $2200, depending on the level of accuracy and quality of accessories. The Sandy can run more than the stormtrooper due to the bigger blaster option and the backpack.

You'll find your accessories come from all over the place, but that's something you'll figure out as you go along. Here's a link to a thread on FISD with some great info for starters :- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/

Cheers
Craig

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!
There's some great info in there Craig, thanks for the response.
I am 175cm tall and 70kgs - what armour supplier would you suggest? Budget is not a major issue - don't want to be ripped off but happy to pay for quality/accuracy.
I have access to extensive tools so kit form is no problem but would like to enlist help when I get the kit to make sure I make the right moves to fit it correctly.
Would also like to hear advice on considerations for our climate - humidity and heat would dictate choices for some items I would presume?
Also, I have visited MEPD but would prefer to draw upon as many resources here, as from previous experience with other hobbies I know that supply can be an issue to Oz. What works for the UK and US may not be applicable for us.
I would also like to go Black pauldron/DLT-19 load out so I need to make sure there a no issue with MG34 replicas. I know resin replicas can be purchased locally but they are crazy expensive (for a chunk of resin) but I will do what I need to do to get the build complete.
Any extra info would be appreciated.

Cheers

jas
Welcome to the boards Jas, glad to see are neck of the woods is growing more with troopers. We got plenty of members here that can help you on the right path and we all love a good Armour party for when you do get your kit and need a helping hand. What part of the Coast you on?

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
Hi Mortogg,

I'm in Chancellor Park.
Yeah, I'm happy for any help I can get. The main thing I want to do is get this right the first time - hence why I'm asking all the questions before forking over the dough! Hehehe
As budget won't be a major issue, I would like to source the build in one hit so I'm not tripping over myself in the construction process.
Woohoo another sunny coaster Smile welcome to the forums!

I was going to host an AP in the new year. Still trying to figure that one out though
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome :D
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Hi Jas,

I'm doing that exact same (my first) TD build atm.

There is no "One stop shop" for this build although for a lot of the extras Trooperbay.com is pretty good.

With that said, ask away for what items you want and folk will steer you in the right direction.
Move along...
(Tuesday 15-Oct-2013, 12:44 PM)Shalord Wrote:  Hi Jas,

I'm doing that exact same (my first) TD build atm.

There is no "One stop shop" for this build although for a lot of the extras Trooperbay.com is pretty good.

With that said, ask away for what items you want and folk will steer you in the right direction.

Ah, cheers, that's a good site Shalord.
So, let's start at the beginning. I need an armour kit. I have PM'ed troopermaster on MEPD for a quote on a kit and shipping as I am completely in limbo at the moment. I hope this is the right etiquette as it's all a bit daunting as you don't just order from a store.
(Tuesday 15-Oct-2013, 01:37 PM)jas Wrote:  Ah, cheers, that's a good site Shalord.
So, let's start at the beginning. I need an armour kit. I have PM'ed troopermaster on MEPD for a quote on a kit and shipping as I am completely in limbo at the moment. I hope this is the right etiquette as it's all a bit daunting as you don't just order from a store.

yeah it can be a bit daunting when its all fresh... shouldn't be a problem pm'ing the guy so all good.
DW2013 to DW2018