Niko DLT-19 Question
Hi All,

Just got my Niko DLT-19 and I have never worked with rubber resin before (I have worked with other resins before). The blaster is VERY sticky. I assumed it might have been a release agent from the mold and washed and degreased the resin but it is still just as sticky. Is this normal? Should I be wiping the resin down with something else? Prepsol maybe or brake cleaner? Or could it be not cured properly?
I have email Niko as well but thought someone on here might have come across this before.

Cheers

Jas
Jas,

All of the Nikko DLT's that I have worked with have been sticky but once washed and the surface starts getting worked it dries/cures better. Getting the undercoat on also helps.

Terror
Cheers Terror. Niko got back to me and said it just needs to be washed (which I had already done) but that's comforting with what you said re working it and undercoat.
Niko also sent me some awesome assembly photos which will help out in a big way too!
Jas

I will also post up the build thread for BayTrooper's DLT19 that I have just done later tonight.

Terror
(Wednesday 13-Nov-2013, 11:03 AM)TerrorFirma Wrote:  Jas

I will also post up the build thread for BayTrooper's DLT19 that I have just done later tonight.

Terror

Cheers, Terror, that would be awesome! Doppeldaumen1
Jas,

How is your weapon coming along? Any progress pics are good even is its baby stepsWink

Terror
Terror, I have shelved it for the time being as I was very disappointed with the amount of work it needed to get it to a level I am happy with prepainting. There are still extensive air bubbles that need to be filled and mould lines to be removed. Plus the soft nature of the rubber was disappointing without bracing.
I have instead ordered, assembled and completed a doopys resin E-11. That was a fantastic kit, easy to work with and has a far nicer aesthetic to the feel of it being hard resin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grand Moff Niko DLT-19 raeil 5 1,534 Thursday 4-Oct-2012, 01:27 PM
Last Post: JUDGE