Plasti-Dip questions
Has anyone used it and how did you find it?

Please post your do and don't for using this product.

I'm sure I used this stuff correctly, just didn't quite get the result I was hoping for.
I use it alot with foam.

Prime Electronics is where i get it for $29.95 a can.

I spray is 2 to 5 times (depending on the peice) and then use conventional spray paints on it afterwards.

Zerebin.
I tried using some on my car badges (rattle can), and it just didn't work out. The finish was all bubbly and looked rubbish. Ended up just using normal paint instead. got mine from autobarn $30 a can or $25 per can if you buy more than 1
Clones are cooler
(Saturday 30-Nov-2013, 12:21 PM)Zerebin Wrote:  I use it alot with foam.

I found it soaked in heaps. Does this stuff build up and if so, how many coats (cans) does one need to get a smooth finish?
Bitkote No.3 is a viable alternative for Plastidip in Australia. It's a paint on rubber that when set, can easily protect your foam/material from wear and tear to an incredibly high amount of pressure and scratching.

It's non-toxic, flexible, acrylic and can be watered down to give a smooth finish, just like PVA Wood glue.

It's affordable at only ~$30 a bucket and easily available from your local Bunnings.

Here are some results:

1: Bitkote 3.0 was painted straight onto the foam, see how when it flexes the foam shows through? It needed an adhesive primer to flex with it.
2 and 3: Bitkote 3.0 was applied after a coat of PVA Wood glue (2 coats for number 3) and it stuck easily, for result number 3, 2 coats of Bitkote 3.0 were applied, the first was watered down.

[Image: 1452342_549970205084160_472702260_n.jpg]
WOW! BITKOTE #3 is the "Ormanoid" I am looking for Cheeky I shall stalk my local Bunnings today.
You're the true oracle Crypto! We all thankyou!!!

(Wednesday 4-Dec-2013, 07:10 AM)crypto Wrote:  Bitkote No.3 is a viable alternative for Plastidip in Australia. It's a paint on rubber that when set, can easily protect your foam/material from wear and tear to an incredibly high amount of pressure and scratching.

It's non-toxic, flexible, acrylic and can be watered down to give a smooth finish, just like PVA Wood glue.

It's affordable at only ~$30 a bucket and easily available from your local Bunnings.

Here are some results:

1: Bitkote 3.0 was painted straight onto the foam, see how when it flexes the foam shows through? It needed an adhesive primer to flex with it.
2 and 3: Bitkote 3.0 was applied after a coat of PVA Wood glue (2 coats for number 3) and it stuck easily, for result number 3, 2 coats of Bitkote 3.0 were applied, the first was watered down.

[Image: 1452342_549970205084160_472702260_n.jpg]
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
All hail, Crypto.. the foam master!

Notworthy
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."