TD Sandtrooper Bodie
Hi all.. Well thanks to Badboy I'm the owner of some tremendous Sandtrooper armour so now it's all about fitting it to me. I've been wanting to take this step for a while and pleased I finally have.
The first few times I tried it on I found out first hand about how painful ill fitting armour can be. Thanks to a few people here (Oevil1, Cyclops & Mamasith) in the garrison I'm much reassured that this is a matter of course and that with a few adaptions I'll be up and running.
I'll be checking the forum but any suggestions about wearing helmets with glasses? I'm looking at fans, and also intercoms to be heard with that squelch hiss at the end.
Also do people use any sound pickup as the helmets really do mute things.
Cheers
Bodie
Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section
I've worn my helmet with glasses but even with my larger then average RT-Mod helmet its a tight fit for me to get on so I went back to wearing one day contacts as required as the helmet lenses and my glasses both fog up quickly

Fans and a necessity to my mind ... one purchase I def dont regret. TheWolf here does fan kits or there is a very good one i got from the US which fits nicely in to the bottom edge of the helmet. If you come and say hi at the cricket game in couple weeks be happy to show you it

Intercoms there are a couple of options iComm which you can find on the Whitearmor.net forums is very popular and I've got a ROMFX kit from the UK but its more pricey and not sure at the end of the day it was worth the extra cost
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Bodie, looks like you have been in excellent hands already !! I can manage ok without my glasses, so I'm lucky, I'm not sure how you would go fitting them in, hhmm prescription green lenses built into the lid?? Cheeky As Duras mentioned, the other issue is fogging, so a fan is a definite. Last troop my fan stopped and so did my vision! Great to have another TD !! Smile
Thanks fellas I'm planning on coming to the cricket so I'll hopefully get a chance to see close up what others have done. There's lots of impressive stuff out there.