Forum Upgrade
Oh my, this is heavy....
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
THIS IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNETS
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
ok its now 12:05pm so the fool is now on you kev! change the themes back!!!!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Phew - that was close. That was like being on a bad acid trip Sus
Moxxxie. Bravo. Once again you have not failed to deliver a great new theme for April Fools Day. Brilliant. A lot of time goes into making that happen. You don't have to do it, but you do. From the people that appreciate a good jest. Thanks

And Kev your part was ok as well Smile
(Tuesday 1-Apr-2014, 12:01 AM)Kev Vader Wrote:  As you know, with the acquisition of Lucasfilm by Disney the Star Wars franchise is soon to be rebooted.

Perhaps this was to have happened anyway under Lucasfilm, but Disney have made it clear that they will be spending a lot of time and money on Star Wars movies, TV shows and themeparks.

Regaining some of the billions of dollars which they spent to acquire the Star Wars franchise means that Disney are set to continue to invest heavily in all things Star Wars.

In order to do this, Disney have made it clear that they will use whatever means at their disposal to do this.

Leveraging the many assets that they acquired as a consequence of their purchase of Lucasfilm is clearly a very real and viable option.

From a Disney perspective, there are many untapped revenue sources which Lucasfilm did not take advantage of, but which Disney see as very feasible.

Obviously, the 501st Legion, with its worldwide membership and appeal provides a real opportunity for Disney to leverage in their favour.

Of course, whilst we do ‘promote’ the Star Wars universe whenever we attend events, it is the feeling of the Disney management that from this point onwards, in order for us to receive permission to attend higher profile events, such as Disney Affiliate events, Movie Premieres, Multi-day conventions, parades or charity walks, we must agree to assist Disney with marketing their products; therefore myself and the Command Staff have agreed to assist Disney in generating these additional revenue streams – the more high profile events we wish to attend, then the more revenue we must generate.

Luckily we have found a way in which to do this – and as such we have agreed to a small redesign of our Redback Garrison homepage and forums in order to allow Disney web designers to leverage the popularity of our website towards providing them with the ability to apply Disney-specific advertising and marketing, as well as providing us with a forum design that can be dynamically keyed towards the promotion of exciting Disney products.

So don’t forget – the more links you click on, the more Disney merchandise you sell at events and the more Disney items you purchase through the new links on our forums, the more events that we will ultimately be permitted to attend.

Let's hope this stays as an April Fool too Wink

(Tuesday 1-Apr-2014, 12:05 PM)Beanie Wrote:  ok its now 12:05pm so the fool is now on you kev! change the themes back!!!!

[Image: Mr-T_zpsedb40edf.png]

There ain't no time limits you can put on ma foolin', fool!
Kev your part just got better Smile
Thanks Mox, always appreciate your little revenge days Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Now I can raise the Next event for Calyn, while I love Maleficent, she was doing my head in.
Next year, I'll exclude you from the gag, Rayvn. Its supposed to be a bit of fun.
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hey Kev,

You actually had me going until the last paragraph. I was reading it on tapatalk though, so I missed out on seeing the changed layout, Moxxxie is going to have to try harder next year Cheeky
Well played you pair of rascals.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
I was hoping you were going to make another one of these posts. I still remember the first one with April Fools hidden in it. :P