Keen to start buying and building Trooper costume
Realised I still haven't properly introduced myself, so here it goes.
Star wars fan since 1977
I live in Brisbane and have for most of my life.
Still get excited when I see Storm Troopers out there doing their thang.
Have done fund raising in the past for the Leukaemia foundation so i love the fact that 501st supports fund raising for many charities and I also want to put a smile on peoples faces.

Hey I see on the events page there is a starlight foundation fund raising happening at Chermside EB games, what time is this happening as I wouldn't mind meeting some of you and asking a few questions.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Stormraven and myself are signed up for that one and the correct plan is about 5ish I think

I'll be in Stormtrooper so happy to answer any questions but I dont really stand out in crowds so I might be hard to find Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
Can AP armour get approval?, came recommended from FISD

(Wednesday 7-May-2014, 03:38 PM)Sly11 Wrote:  Can AP armour get approval?, came recommended from FISD

My armour is AP Smile
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Has anyone got ATA armour? if so would love to have a chat

(Saturday 10-May-2014, 11:13 AM)Sly11 Wrote:  Has anyone got ATA armour? if so would love to have a chat

I have not got ATA armour but what I have seen and read it is very accurate and affordable but there was a wait time the last I looked.
Thanks 3phase
I just got some info back from ATA, 7 months wait for it currently, and yes it is considerably cheaper than AP, even his freight is half the price.
I have read that the AP needs some mods on the shins and also the left and right arms are the same????? surely this is not normal.

Its a little nerve racking, trying to make up my mind. Do i spend the extra and have to mod, mod, mod or spend less and have to mod anyway. AAAAAAHHHHH Lol Smile

(Sunday 11-May-2014, 10:48 AM)Sly11 Wrote:  Its a little nerve racking, trying to make up my mind. Do i spend the extra and have to mod, mod, mod or spend less and have to mod anyway. AAAAAAHHHHH Lol Smile

yeah the nerves thing is not going to go away Smile after i got my RT-Mod took 2 months and hosting a armour party until I had the nerve to cut anything on it.

I cant speak about AP or ATA's but what I can reassure you of though is that it is doable but will take time to do right
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi all

Tried to get to Chermside Thursday afternoon to meet with some of you, but unfortunately couldnt make it.
I see there is something happening this coming week at Radcliffe.
What time and where will this be, and is there any chance of catching up to ask some questions.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi all

Tried to get to Chermside Thursday afternoon to meet with some of you, but unfortunately couldnt make it.
I see there is something happening this coming week at Redcliffe.
What time and where will this be, and is there any chance of catching up to ask some questions.

Thanks

Andrew

Aker amp questions

In my quest for info, can anyone recommend an output in watts for an Aker voice amp.
I see they have 10 watt, 12 watt 16 watt etc obviously the higher the louder but what is actually usable and satisfactory to do the job.

As my TK build will happen over a long period I am looking to buy the cheaper bits and pieces and check them off my inventory list

Thanks all

The last run that was done here was for 16 watt versions Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

I know you are excited, we all were. I did the same thing. But my advice would be to only buy the stuff you need for the core costume first, because things will pop up that you hadn't even thought about that you will need the money for.

Unless you are loaded, in which case go for your life Smile
Thanks Bullant, again solid advice, and no I'm not loaded lol.😀
A lotto win would resolve that.

Also thanks to major payne, I will remember 16 watt for when the time is right.

Its here its here
My Doopy E11 full resin kit has arrived, and good to see that the folding stock is now 1 piece instead of 2.
Complete with Oevil1's lens kit, Thanks Tim, and Gazmosis Sterling magazine cast, I will start a build thread in the appropriate forum.

Does anyone in Brissy make the scope rail and Hengstler brackets? I would be happy to pay for someone to make them.
Can get them off FISD but exy freight from the US

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46...r-bracket/ Hey Sly,I think it's a right-of-passage sort of thing to build your own.there are great forums out there like this one also RDF and Dented Helmet even the south boys TAG have good tutorials aswell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New and keen Clone Trooper Elect JezBravo 2 1,174 Wednesday 16-Jun-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112
  Hyped!, Excited, Keen. Hydro 3 6,238 Thursday 7-May-2015, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Dw
  Newbie looking to start a Boba Fett costume Jasonic88 3 6,217 Sunday 19-Apr-2015, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Teiwaz