How to join the Legion.
Hello how are you all im new to the forms and was wondering if i can join up. Smile Im also trying to find out how to make the armor as well. P.S i hope i did ok and i did not do anything wrong. Smile
Welcome, I will move your thread in into the appropriate area.

In order to join the legion, you will need to make a costume up to a standard befitting the 501st Legion.
Then apply to join. Do you have a particular costume in mind?

Someone else will be along shortly to pass on further information specific to your choice.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome Wink

Do you have a particular armour/character in mind?

Only thing you may of done wrong is you username Wink it's what you will be know by on and off the forums so have a think about it and then our web mistress can help you change it. (You may owe her a beer can't remember if the first change is free Wink )
DW2013 to DW2018
hello yes i had a good armor in mind but i have 2 that i like, its the Clone trooper phase 2 armor, and the Stormtrooper armor. and il try to fix my user name Smile

do i use my Real name as my user name. ?
No a nickname is fine mines just a old gaming handle I've used for years

So on to your armour questions first off either way you going to want to check out the costume resource library at the main legion page www.501st.com. This will let you see what's expected of each armour to be approved

Then for stormtroopers you want to also join the forums whitearmor.net for all information white and shiny

Or for clones look at clonetroopers.net

We also have a troop at Logan library this sat which you can pick brains in person
DW2013 to DW2018
ok cool, do i have to make it or buy it or do you guys have spears to give to members.
Welcome to the Redbacks
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
You'll find makers on the forums to get kits from then when it arrives you have to do some assemble.... There are build threads to get ideas from
DW2013 to DW2018
ok cool so i go into the forms and find it right, thank you for welcoming me Smile
Once you have bought your Armour kit, it needs to be assembled.
This can be done with the help of others at "Armour Parties" or APs.

There is always help available on these forums as well.

Best advice is be patient. It take a while to get the kit, then a while longer to get it to the stage where you can where it.

A good way to see how things are done is to attend some APs or even some troops.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome aboard.

First of all have a read of this thread it will give you a run down on how to and what to do to join the 501st Legion.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Read all the CRLs about what costume you want to do and utilise the detachments, the thread above covers all that. If you have any questions drop me a line, more than willing to help and point you in the right direction.

For some more info

Clones:
http://clonetroopers.net/

Stormtrooper
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome aboard,

Great choices of the costumes and both are epic.

Just remember any question is a good question and don't be afraid to ask as we are all here to help.

Terror
i was wondering what do i need to make the Stormtrooper armor and helmet.
Welcome to the Redbacks i have signed up recently and done a troop you will really enjoy yourself
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Honor loyalty courage sacrifice
ADF / QFRES / 501ST / LIFE
(Friday 3-Oct-2014, 10:26 PM)D2553 Wrote:  i was wondering what do i need to make the Stormtrooper armor and helmet.

For all things stormtrooper related you need to go to http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ There you will find all the relevant information and research for stormtroopers.

Do you intend to make the armour helmet from scratch? If so it is a HUGE task. Your best bet is to look at getting a kit from one of the many recommended armour makers. A list is on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) website.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15