E-11 Blaster - A Newb Needs Advice
Hi all. While I scrimp and save and top up my armour fund, I thought I'd gather some of the other things I'll need. The belt, neck seal, holster and boots are all ordered, so I'd thought I'd look at the blaster next. I've been looking at a kit on Trooperbay and I've checked out the blaster build threads (some are intimidatingly awesome) but am unsure where to spend my money when it comes to the blaster. As I've mentioned before, I'm certainly not handy (I'll probably lose a finger in my armour build) and all the blaster kit build threads I've seen involve so many 'additions' to the basic kit. Is this just because of Expert Infantryman or Centurion aspirations? I'm after a good basic level blaster that doesn't involve a degree in engineering to construct. Any advice? Are there any local options to consider? Any help / advice / directions are greatly appreciated.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hi Oberon
I did a Doopy Doos full resin build, it was heaps of fun making improvements to it for even more accuracy.
It has a good weight to it and an easier build than doing a pipe build version.
Doopy also do a mod kit for the hasbro E11blaster, which are getting very difficult to procure since Disney bought the Star Wars franchise.
Check out my build thread and also Oevil1 as his is a pipe build.
Any info you need just PM me and can send you the details, but trust me, half the fun is in the research.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Oberon,

The E-11 choice is not an easy one mate and several factors come into play, weight for trooping, fun for the kids with sounds and lights, members of the public to hold and possibly drop, accuracy and so on.

I have the Hasbro with a doopys conversion, the full resin doopys kit and they are both great for a particular situation.

I am looking at buying a few items from Doopys and will be happy to include you on a group buy to help with the postage side of things. At the moment the price of a hasbro plus the conversion kit will be the same as 2 full resin kits.

Terror
Hi TerrorFirma, being included on a group buy from Doopys sounds good, cheers for the offer. PM me if you like with details and I'll throw my money into the hat. To me, the Doopys kit and the Trooperbay kit seem to be the same but the Doopys one is a lot cheaper, after currency conversion. I'll bite the bullet and give it a go! It's the extras that'll be tricky...with the kit as is, will it be 501st approvable? And Sly, I checked out your blaster build, it was awesome, but you've definitely got skills I don't have!
Oberon, I got a Hasbro E-11 and got the Doopy-Do resin conversion kit...and with a lot of assistance/advice/borrowed tools...ta dah! I have an approved E-11. Team effort though. LOL. Trust me, if I can do it, so can you (and mine is no work of art but its done). An armour party or a group of you doing the kits together will soon have you with an awesome firearm! And good idea to get this started early too!

[Image: IMG_2713_zpsfa0b5d40.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2241_zps1ee93b1f.jpg]
Cheers Rebelrach, as always I appreciate the encouragement. My son actually has the Hasbro blaster - I just have to convince him to donate it to the Empire!
Bet your son is excited about your decision to join the Empire!
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Got that right - Dad's gonna be a stormtrooper! As long as he doesn't ask me for a tour of the Deathstar...
[Image: IMG_2836.jpg]

I make them now and then.

PM for details.
Cheers crypto, I'll definitely PM you for details, blaster looks great!
With the Hasbro blaster conversion... the kids love the sounds and lights. Smile
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Tell ya what...If you go the the city dump...you might find a Doopy's E-11 pipe kit still in is box,bought it ages ago and stored it downstairs in a pile of old boxes....yep,they got accidentally chucked out in the last kerbside cleanup....
Ouch! That's gotta hurt...
So Oberon,

Any update on the E-11 and which way you will go?

Terror
I have a Hasbro plus doopy conversion, I have a full resin kit and a rubber cast one... Love them all.... My last Hasbro was carved up,drilled out and added to...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12: