New to the group (Darth Revan)
[Image: aGg47mv.jpg]

[Image: 9vNOSzY.jpg]

hello everyone. i know ive left it to the last minute before brisbane supanova but this costume is 3 years in the making and its finally ready.

hope you like it and look forward to comments
It was your destiny.

Looks great.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Looks great. Have you put your approval pics in yet?
Great work looks fantastic
TK 19749
Very cool, that looks fantastic
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Very cool indeed
Thanks guys. Havent done the photos yet. I have my editor and his girlfriend coming up from sydney for supanova and ill get them to take them then with a good camera. All I have is my phone.

Im so glad you guys like it. Its been a 2 year project. And more time and money than id like to admit. But its great for live full combat dueling.

The bracers are actually made of fiberglass and can take a strike from a bokken.

Cant wait to see you all at supanova.
And if anyone has contact details for the other revan in this garrison can you please pass on a message that I emailed him and need to talk to him asap
Hey mate, nice work on the build. We, in the 501st/RL do not condone full combat dueling. It can be dangerous, and not covered in our PLI, (which we need to have to attend events like Supanova as a group) There is a group, made of 501st and RL memebrs who practice choreographed battles. This is the extent of the "fighting" that we do.

See you at Nova Doppeldaumen1
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Yea all good. If any of you were at sydney supanova you may have seen me fighting with a guy dressed like a medieval sithlord with long hair. There is also an interview I did with him on the website I write for.
Its www.beyondcosplay.com ill chuck the link to the article too if people cant find it. His name is darth aquillus.
I would onlu fight/spar with people trained. And only with people with adequate protection and in approved areas. Because its dangerous.
But I will deffinitly see you all at nova.

Also.... major payne. From the terrible photos ive posted can you see any issues as to why I woulfnt be approved? I just worry a little that with all the effort ive put in somethig still might be wrong.
Looks good from those pics, but you can check in more detail here...

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_revan

For almost all costumes there may be something you have missed or something that isn't sitting right. Our GML's are there to guide you and let you know if anything needs to be adjusted. It is never a slight at you or your costume building skills. It is because the 501st Legion has very high standards for their costuming. Here in the Redback Garrison we pride ourselves on getting it right. For all your work on your Revan, it looks like you share that same pride in your build.

From what I see though it looks pretty darn schmick.....but I am the PR officer Smile.
major, thats what ive been basing this on since the start. excluding the armour. i spoke to the guy in the refereence photos. (well im sure it was him anyway) and his armour is made of plastic.... when i duel with my friends (datrh aquillus) i worried that when i roll, flip, dive, try a crazy move, it might crack.... so i went back in time over 1000 years and went with quarter inch thick leather. it gives an amazing photographic property and is ridgid (as the reference material states) and it can cop a blow from a lightsaber without breaking my ribs. :D

happy days.

APOK i think we are all the same arent we.....? no matter how "perfect" it looks we as its builders are never quite happy with it. there is always something that could be tweaked, brushed, polished, weathered, etc. but i do get what you mean about being accurate. hense the 2 and a half years ive spent building it (the guys in sydney have seen the various stages)

ive only been in brissy less than 3 months. so i look forward to trooping with you all in the future.

and thanks again for all your feedback. you have made me feel very welcome to your amazing group.

Revan
Our CoG, Draco has a Revan, and his armour is made from leather. As long as it looks the part, it can be made from paper... provided it can hold up to trooping that is :P

(Wednesday 26-Nov-2014, 11:18 AM)major payne Wrote:  Our CoG, Draco has a Revan, and his armour is made from leather. As long as it looks the part, it can be made from paper... provided it can hold up to trooping that is :P

thats kind of why i was a little worried about joining before i had a chance to test it at supanova. i was trying to contact draco to do an interview with him. but i assume hes busy at the moment and hasnt checked his emails Sad

im preparing for it anyway and will ask him once i see him.

and besides the chest plate, this costume has held up to a few battles (even being hit in the face accidently Wink hahahaha was my own fault. and i still have both my eyes Smile
Hi EK, welcome to the Redbacks!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darth Revan Costume Joining Request colgatefalcon56 3 3,520 Monday 10-Sep-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Slide Effect