Hi guys, new to the forum. I've seen 501st a few times and yesterday I did the photo booth with my daughter at Supanova.

I just wanted to share my experience yesterday. I'm a sci-fi/gamer geek by night, but a manager in a large business during the day. What impressed the hell out of me was how well organised 501st was in an absolutely feral environment. While its nice for the cosplayers to have a Supanova in a big air conditioned room, there was never enough room. I don't mind queuing for things, but half the time we were there stopped in a crowd, not entirely sure what we were queuing for! There were some other groups/attractions that were badly located (did anyone attempt to get a photo in the Tardis???) and the experience with other groups was not always pleasant.

By the time we got to 501st we were pretty much exhausted and ready to give it away for the day. The photo booth experience was smooth, easy, well explained and a ton of fun. In only a few minutes we left there with a photo and raffle tickets for the helmet. I was really impressed with the operation and thank you for the best experience of the day.

I'd like to join and meet some of you (in a public but less feral event) and see how it all works. Then with some luck and the financial blessing of Darth Wife, I'd like to be a Scout Trooper. Jig
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Sounds like a plan, Teiwaz! Doppeldaumen1
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Hi Teiwaz,

Welcome glad you like the experience with the 501st, we try our best to please and meet everyone's expectations. You have made the first step to having lots of great fun. Looking forward to meeting you again at some of the other troops.
TK 19749
Welcome Tewaiz,,
So glad you enjoyed our photobooth. Hope to see you as a scout, ask questions if you need help, I hope Darthwife agrees and she can join too, we love to have ladies.Doppeldaumen1
Don't forget your daughter can also join the Galactic Academy.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Hi there mate and welcome the the Redback forums. Glad you liked our set up and thanks for the kind words.

If you have a read through this thread it will give you an idea about how to join etc

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey there Teiwaz!
Thanks for the feedback! Yep - Supanova is always a bit of a hectic event, and we've learned a bit from our mistakes in the past. This years photobooth set up was a slight improvement over previous years, and I'm hoping we can keep taking baby steps forward at each event!

All our photobooth images are here, so feel free to find yours and grab the digital version too!
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...20Supanova
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the Redback forums, glad that we met and exceeded your expectations on the day.
Man power is sometimes our advantage so new recruits are always welcome. I hope you like having fun, cause you're in for the time of your life. See you on a smaller troop soon.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the forums. Armour Parties (AP's) are a great way to catch up, and shoot the breeze with us in a more relaxed environment. Not too sure when the next one is, with Christmas just around the corner, everyone's weekends are busy. Maybe in the new year, there will be one. In the mean time, tell us a bit more about yourself, where abouts in Brisbane are you?
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hi and welcome, always nice to have some "more mature" troopers..Cough cough.. Wink
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hi,
Welcome to the Redbacks, lots of support here from great folks with lots of knowledge
So you'll never have an unanswered question.
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Welcome!

Perhaps you'd like to drop by to one of our social events. A much less hectic way to meet us.

I may hold a Xmas party / AP some time over the break...
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Thanks all for the welcome.

Major Payne we live at Aspley. I ride a ZX9R motorbike, never as often as I'd like. Everyone is 18 years old under a helmet, I think that is part of the appeal of being a scout! 2 kids, 3 grandkids.

I saw the photo booth photos first thing this morning, scrolled through to find mine and it was on Facebook in seconds. Of course the caption read "R2! Shut down all the garbage mashers on the detention level!" Don't bother talking to C3PO, go straight to the main man I say.

My Star Wars pedigree is like many my age I guess. I saw Episode 4 at the drive in when I was 10. Of course the world then exploded into sci-fi. Battlestar Gallactica, Space 1999, Blakes 7, the Star Trek movies, Alien etc all started with the explosion of the Death Star. I've watched the movies countless times but none surpass Episode 4. It was just the best self contained story. I guess Episode 3 was something we had to have to stitch the story up, but I was almost physically ill when Annakin turned on the younglings. I've played a few of the Star Wars games but not the MMO, I put 10K hours into WoW and refused to get hooked on another one! I haven't read the books, so my experience with the lore is largely from the movies.

I've read about the Armour Parties, they sound great. I'll keep an eye out for them in the forum.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Teiwaz, I am in my mid forties, and own a VFR800. The Missus has an ER6F. Agent in TBAR has a BMW, and there are a couple more riders in the Garrison I believe.

I also have a scout too..Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
CRF450X the scariest bike to ride on the road in a hail storm right here lol.

Im just around the corner in Kedron TW
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome Teiwaz :-)