How do you tell each other apart?
A complete newbie question, here seems as good a place as any to ask it. I imagine its like telling your dog from a pack of the same breed, can an experienced trooper spot slight differences in the costumes?
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Sort of some troopers are easier to pick than others, even though all Stormtroopers are built to the same guidelines they are not all exactly the same.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
yeah as above really.

We are not all the same size and shape, and there are 4 movie versions of the shiny white stormtrooper ...e.g the ESB trooper the holster is on the right is one way to tell.

The Sandtroopers can be a little easier as you can recognise their battle weathering
DW2013 to DW2018
Height and body sizes are sometimes the easiest to tell but when you all look the same a fine eye can pick up miner details in some peoples body language or posture. How they stand or present themselves, head movement or how they hold their weapons and stand at ease, this can change with some troopers who often will wear not only their armour but a character aswell so you tend to know who the clown or the tuff guy/girl is with a quick glance. And then you got minor armour differences like scuff marks around the legs or other armour parts where things have been cut and molded different.

I can pick most troopers out in a crowd but gets tricky with more newer troopers as they often change their character from troop to troop till the find a comfortable feel for themselves.

Just takes a lot of training of the mind to spot those small differences that any other person would never see.

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
sometimes its the subtle details

I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
I go up to the trooper and ask, "Who are you?" :P

Except for Cre8tiv. I can always spot her. Wink
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

It gets easier the more you troop with them, but I would have to agree with all the comments above, it comes down to experience.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
(Tuesday 2-Dec-2014, 12:05 PM)Buzzard Wrote:  I go up to the trooper and ask, "Who are you?" :P

Except for Cre8tiv. I can always spot her. Wink

I have actually been mistaken for Solo before Cheeky
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Agree with above, at Dreamworld it got tricky to pick one trooper from the other, so it came down to how they walked or little armour differences. My armour is really shiny compared to the other guys and as an ANH Hero stormtrooper I carry my DLT-19, which sets me apart in a crowd.
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
[Image: Blog-StarWars06_zps408c56df.jpg]

Vader himself has difficulty telling both them AND Rebel Fleet Troopers apart - when they're laying down they all seem to look the same....