Question Time
Hi all,

Just a quick one whilst I wait for my registration to be accepted with the divisions, in terms of materials.

What are peoples experiences? I have only done a little bit of research so far (between work) and I have seen many conflicting posts and opinions. Some people swear by a single supplier whilst others give the same supplier a terrible rep (e.g. Dan Law for Snowies). Some hint at using multiple different suppliers for different parts or buying an entire kit from the one source (extra's included).

Just interested in people experiences over their time on the community as a whole I suppose and what their own recommendations are after both bad and good experiences.

Still lots of research to do, and once I am approved for the Division of my choosing I will direct my questions as such and be more specific in what I am asking.

So yeah let me know Smile
There's always going to be personal preference when it comes to this odd hobby.
It also depends on what you're aiming for, as well. Some of our troopers are only interested in getting the most screen-accurate costumes possible, and hang the expense, whereas others are looking to get cost-effective, and durable costumes to get out and raise money. Often, those two very personal motives means that completely opposing opinions are formed.
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
I and Bids can give a big thumbs up the Rob and his RT-Mod armour (assuming you are a trooper of a larger girth like ourselves)

You many though have to wait awhile for him as he flys a lot so can be offline for week at a time saying that though he is very communicative when he is online and great to deal with. As he is in high demand he does get booked out for 6-8 months ahead

though reading your other thread your interested in Snowy rather then TK so RT-Mod might not be right choice :P
DW2013 to DW2018
Ok cool thanks for the input guys. It will definately be a learning experience and I will need to weigh up the decisions between time and quality verse cost.

Going through the snowie forums that i have access to atm, there seems to be some 100% recommended suppliers...but the wait times are immense (one of them still waiting 3 years after the order). Only problem is that the end quality is amazing.

Once i have full registered access I will be able to investigate further. Early days still.
When looking through builders as explained above you have 3 things that separate them apart.

Time
Cost
Quality

You can only have 2 not all 3.
But always helps to check like what you have before you hit the buy button or send the email. I personal have had no probe with Dan but do read sometimes on forums where people have had to wait more then is excepted and they do have a right to get upset when laying down a chunk of money but you have to expect a wait unless its a buy now product.

But yes always check before you buy as there are some real dodgy people out there who have been known to take your money and give sub pare armour or just do a runner...

Think there is a list somewhere of these no go builders isn't there, sure I've seen one? *starts searching*

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
mmm Thank you for the input. Still waiting on my registration to be activated so my resources are limited.
Sourcing your armour will take some patience. Last contact I had with a favoured supplier the wait was 9 months for all parts, let alone a full kit. But you may have some luck buying a 2nd hand kit or finding a quicker supplier perhaps.
The awesome Snowie boots are Mukluk boots used by the Canadian army. They can be found relatively cheaply but you pay 3 x the value in shipping.
There are plenty of learned folk here to help you find your way. Good luck :-)