soon to be white and shiny
Hi guys, I am in the process of assembling my stormtrooper outfit, the helmet is done now just waiting for the rest of the armour to be delivered. I purchased it from Original Stormtrooper in the UK, I'm really happy with the way the helmet came out so I hope the rest lives up to my expectations, has anyone else sourced armour from there if so are you happy with the final product? Does anyone have any helpful hints? I hear the best way to find out all the tricks is to attend an armour party, is there one soon? Can anyone attend? sorry for all the questions but I'm keen to start trooping and have been warned of the perils of cheap E bay armour.
Thanks for your help.
Panthera.
Hi panthera
First of all go to the below link to check the requirements for the varios Stormtroopers.
Then go here
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL
Sign up over at FISD and check out what is accurate and approvable as some makers sell armour that require a lot of modification to be approved even at the basic level.

Welcome to the Redback forums.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi
My armour is also from SDS. Yes I am quite happy with how my armour came out, I will warn you though, you will get lots of comments about how shiny it is! There are quite a few adjustments you will have to do to make it approvable. Such as the thermal detonator clips, plastic belt, correct holster, chest button colours and shoulder straps (which should be free floating). I was in contact with BIDS throughout my approval process and he was really helpful with getting me through, and it came out looking like this:

[Image: 20140603_162040_zps851824bd.jpg]

If you have any questions on SDS armour just send me a PM Smile
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
Thanks Bolt_2112 I'll definitely be in contact when I start my build I didn't realise there would be so many adjustments to be made to be approved for trooping. As for the shiny finish I might have to scuff it up a bit so I don't glow in the dark, Ha Ha. I've been ready the forums a bit seems there are lots of different armour types/ suppliers and heaps of help from garrison members so that's encouraging. I'm based in Caboolture at the moment and I'm keen to meet other members in the area in the future and start getting involved soon.
Thanks for the info.
No problems Smile Yeah there is a lot of things to do to make it approved, but nothing really difficult. As long as you take your time to do it right when you are building it, it should be easy. Just be careful on the main forums, some people really hate Andrew Ainsworth! There is a big dispute about who is the "Original" maker of TK armour for the first film. I personally think that SDS armour is really good stuff, and Ainsworth is a great guy. I dropped my helmet a little while after I got it putting a big crack in the side, long story short I sent it to him and he ended up replacing the back part for free! I am in Toowoomba, so I'm not exactly close! There should be a few more local guys down there though...
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
I have RS Propmaster Armour and love it most accurate u can have moulded from original suit but it is my second TK and I wanted the best but u will pay for it
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
(Saturday 27-Dec-2014, 11:38 AM)panthera Wrote:  . As for the shiny finish I might have to scuff it up a bit so I don't glow in the dark, Ha Ha.

Some hairspray and grout should knock off that shine!... *cough*
Move along...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Shy Shiny. WestWinds 6 2,212 Tuesday 9-Feb-2021, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Wendell
  Shiny and new, rookie just joined... D4RKeE4GLE 25 28,105 Wednesday 9-Sep-2015, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Vepariga