Thermal Detonator (Boushh's)
Hi all,

not sure if I saw it on this forum or another, but someone had made a Boushh thermal detonator that was in two halves so electronics could easily be inserted. Can anyone point me in the right direction for where I can source this?

Cheers
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
is this what you were thinking about?

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/21145886...e_active_8
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
I've got a 3D printed one a friend printed me... actually looks like the same model stormraven, it was 2 x halves and switch. The switch is fixed and doesn't move.

Here is some pics, glued together but not sanded.

[Image: lwMaSJq.jpg]

[Image: 6VRNmDz.jpg]
http://youtu.be/SQ6W-2F_0Dw
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Thanks for the input guys. I have put in an order with the woman on Stormraven's link. Thanks for the tutorial too Bay, I will use his other one for putting the basic electronics inside.

Thanks again all
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
April does awesome stuff, you'll definitely be happy with it
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
One of my most widely printed and shared models, good thing about open source is its available to anyone to share and print.

Please post pictures when your finished with your electronics.

April
Southern banking clan security engineer
Thanks for all the help everyone. I have worked through a simple electronics setup and am now working on dressing up the outside. My question is:

Is there a "correct" colour scheme for this detonator?

I have found lots of references to the use of this detonator in a variety of sources and there seems to be a fair amount of variation. When looking at the Bluray the lighting in Jabba's palace makes it difficult to make out the colour. I am not necessarily after a perfect replica of Boushh's detonator, but don't want anything so far away from what might be realistic for the same model being carried by someone else. If any weathered metallic finish is acceptable, great. If there is any info anyone has on what variation there was around the traps with this type of det it would be appreciated.

Cheers again
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
The Master Replicas versions are chromed, with the switch bit being a 2 tone grey colour.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hi all,

so after a long break due to work etc, I have finally got back into working on my Star Wars gear. I started back by finishing off the Thermal Detonator.

So, having lost my first photos of this product, you will just have to imagine, but pretty similar to what Altair posted above, but a bit smoother (thanks April). I gave it all a sand back to reduce the layered effect of the printing then started layering up coats of aluminium paint. All up I put about 10 coats with a very light sanding after each three or four. I used blutac to mask the indented lines so that these wouldn't disappear under all the paint. Once I had a deep base I gave a single very light layer of metallic gold and then another aluminium followed by another gold. The intent of this final alternate layers was that when i brushed it back there would still be plenty of both gold and aluminium showing, but heavier on the aluminium.
[Image: IMG_0001_zpsq2bejgeo.jpg]

Once this was dried I then gave it a spray with satin black and immediately wiped it off. The effect here was to get the indented lined dark and to dirty up the surface, at the same time the wet solvent would take off some of the gold to give a dirty metal look.
[Image: IMG_0002_2_zpswlzpioet.jpg]

Now it was simply a case of inserting the electronics and putting the two halves back together. Having some of the black down into the equatorial inset made for a good weathering effect and finishes the look off pretty well, I think.
[Image: IMG_0006_2_zps5k5i677z.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0005_2_zpshjdkeomq.jpg]

For the electronics I toyed with the idea of fully programable light sequences for a truly screen accurate lighting effect, but ended up just using flashing LEDs with about a one second repeat. The minor variations in impedance mean that they flash slightly out of sequence with each other and so it produces a random flashing sequence. (If someone can tell me how to upload a video I will drop the lighting sequence on here)

Now it is time to get back to my Biker Scout and try and get it finished in time to troop for the first time next month!

Hope this works. First attempt at uploading a video with photo bucket. This is the lighting on the thermal detonator.
[Image: th_IMG_0007_2_zpssmbqzktm.mp4]
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Nice work.
Sweeeeeet!
He's holding a thermal detonator!
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Nice work, I am currently working on my own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D Printed Thermal Detonator Studio 49 8 2,529 Wednesday 30-Dec-2015, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Rayvn