New Reruit
Hi all;

I have just signed up to these forums and am hoping to join the 501st Legion along with my husband (DarkFather). My details are....

Name: Melanie Price

My plan is to start, the same as my husband, with a Jawa costume. I am currently unsure what I will move onto after that, but I do like the idea of either a Tusken Raider or possibly even a Boushh costume.

Thanks
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
Hi Melanie, welcome to the Redback forums.
Boushh is an awesome costume.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Thought I should mention, my username is pronounced 'Are een'.

Thanks
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
Hi and welcome.

Looks like a spike in the Bundy area. Another Jawa....cool these guys can come in all shapes and sizes.

For all the research on Jawas http://www.kraytclan.com/ and also please read the Costume Reference Library (CRL) http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Jawa

I would also suggest that you have a read of this thread it will give you a good indication about how to go about membership etc.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Before you hand over any money please ask around as some prices on costumes do vary and we would hate to see any new cadet get burnt.

Good luck with the costume research and don't forget to ask loads of questions.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi and welcome to the forums.. wise advice from Phantom, you may notice the green bar under his name (costume review committee) which means he is the person to ask when it comes to costumes..listen to his advice...its always worth it.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome to the forums!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Thanks for the welcomes and words of wisdom. My husband and I have been researching resources for our outfits and the advice here has been very helpful, and we hope to get started on them soon.
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
As Bundy troopers we will expect cheap Bundaberg Ginger Beer!!!!!!! Whoever says I am addicted to that stuff are liars!!!!

Welcome to the fun factory.
Hi and welcome nice to have you here
TK 19749
Thanks again for the welcome messages... unfortunately we don't get the ginger beer or the rum any cheaper here in Bundy Sad
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
Welcome Melanie, really good to see couples joining together. I wish I could convince my wife to join me on the dark side! All the best with your build.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hey Mel!
Chicks welcome and we have quite a few jawas in the Garrison.
They are a good starting costume as not too expensive and pretty fun (you can run around being cheeky). They are also approvable in the 501st and Rebel Legions.

For jawas you need at least 1 bandolier - the WW1 type amunition pouches that go over your shoulder or criss cross if you get 2. They can be found at Army surplus stores ranging in cost from $40-$80. You can make your own also with fake leather from Spotlight etc, there is a template to follow.

You will need comfy boots/old shoes that will be covered in the same material as your jawa robe. Some folks use ugh boots or old hiking boots. Even sneakers work OK but you need to glue strips/straps of material to whatever you choose and dirty them up.

But this is all covered in the Costume Reference Library (or CRL) that Phantom has provided the link to, above.

Do call out if you need assitance and best of luck!
Hi,
Welcome to the Redbacks,
Always good to see bundy in pairs
Hope to see you at a troop soon
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way