HEY
Hello there,
My name is Jaiden but go by Jailak online. I've been looking forward to joining the 501st since I was 16 or 15, I think. I just recently turned 18 now so I thought I would introduce myself.
I've talked to RedPaint at the most recent Gold Coast and Brisbane Supanovas and he told me to join the forums and introduce myself but I never really had time or remembered so here I am now.
So, a bit about myself. I live in Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane North. I work at Hungry Jack's as a Team Leader, soon to be Manager, now that I'm 18. In my spare time I've worked with my older brother to start a Burger Business in Melbourne called Buddy Burger. Although I haven't participated in any charity events I occasionally put some money towards some.
I have loved the Star Wars Universe since I was very young. I inherited all my older brother's Star Wars stuff when he "got too old for it" I think. So I have something like 100 posters, I own about 40 books but have hired out every book in the local libraries at least once. I have lego kits, different figures and sets of things. I have about 5 different star wars board games as well as almost every star wars game since nintendo 64.
Although it doesn't count as canon, My favourite star wars character is Mittt'raw'nuruodo from Timothy Zahn's books. Outbound Flight is also my favourite book and Timothy, my favourite author. Canon Character would have to be Obi-Wan, Ewan McGregor Played him superbly in the prequels.

I have cosplayed 4 times so far as an imperial guard. I originally bought a Rubies Imperial Guard costume for a school camp dress-up night and went to 3 different Supanovas after that. I know the Rubies costume is not correct but I think I am meant to talk about all that in a different sub-forum. If you can point me in the right direction to ask questions about modifying a costume to standard then that would be great.
I will probably want to just go to Supanova with the 501st, at least to start, and perhaps go to other functions and events at a later time. I have only just turned 18 so I don't really know what sort of other things I need to be able to go to Supanova. Do I need a blue card? How do I get one if I do?

Anyway, Hi!!

- Jailak
Hey there Jailak! Welcome to the forums!

No bluecards required to attend Supanova. THey're only required for other, smaller events.

I'm not a Guard expert, so I cant really offer much help - but we do have quite a few fantastic looking Guards who can help you out.

In any case, warm welcome, and ask loads of questions!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hey Jailak,

good to see you've joined up.

We'll get you all sorted out with getting your guard up to 501st standards.

I've got some red visor tint for your helmet too.

If you have some time we have pink stumps day coming up on the 21st of FEB if you want to come and meet some more people.
We're going to be playing cricket in armour and can always use more eyes to help us see the ball.
Plus you could pick some brains on what needs to be done with your robes.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Cheers,
Joe
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Welcome!

Best of luck in getting your costumes up and running. You're in good hands with Redpaint.
Welcome to the Redback forums
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi there mate and welcome to the forums.

Great to hear your story I am sure that you will fit in fine.

As for your Royal Guard. Have a read of the Costume Reference Library (CRL) for the Royal Guards http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SP_CRL. I would also suggest to sign up to the Royal Guard detachment http://www.forcepike.net/ to do all your research on the costume and get loads of hints.

We have a few guards here and I am sure they will be happy to answer an questions you may have. If you start a thread under the Armour Progress Pics, and Question Time section with some photos of your costume and any questions you may have that would be a good starting point.

I also recommend that you have a read through this thread, it will give you all the info about membership http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Good luck.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks for the warm welcomes.
Redpaint, I'd have to wait until next tuesday to see my work roster for that day but it does look like fun. I will definitely see if I can turn up and meet some others and chat some more.
Phantom, Thanks for the info. I have indeed looked extensively at the CRL and have at least browsed a bit in the forcepike forums.

I will head over to that forum now and make a post. I do have a lot of questions I need answered. And I'm glad there are a few guards like redpaint who can help me with getting everything ready.
Hi, welcome to the Redbacks, great to see another North wider,
See you at a troop soon
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome mate! All the best with your build. With your obvious enthusiasm, you'll do great. I used to live in Bridgeman Downs, nice part of the galaxy.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]