Finally worked up the courage
Yes, thanks for that visual..and welcome to the forums! You could always look at a Kylo Ren costume down the track. From the costume photos I've seen, he seems to be a tall dude. Although probably not quite 2 metres! If Kylo is Adam Driver, he's certainly getting up there height wise, with Driver coming in at around 191cm. Just a thought. Anyway, all the best with whatever costume you do choose, there's lots of help here when you need it.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
At 2m tall mate you can be a scout walker!!!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
What about a Sith Acolye?

Come over to RL as well , we would like a Tarfful...Doppeldaumen1
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Scout walker, I love it, I was thinking one of those droid troopers from force unleashed but things like trandoshans wampa aqualish and gundark had occurred
Apart from the height kanan would fit reasonably appearance wise I'd just have to clip the lip.
I figured I'd start with something like warrant because its mostly fabric and I've got a machine and over locker but after that.I'm open to whatever the garrison has an opening or need for.
Muun fits too, I'm not as thin as Bruce Spence though
Also senate trooper its blue ct armour with a new shoulder and helmet

Sorry if I come across awkward this is my first forum also I'm very exited to get this ball rolling

If anyone knows a good source for patterns (even if i have to size it up) for imperial uniforms/flightsuits let me know

Hey, what would be the best event to have a chat with someone in person in the south east?

Hey, what would be the best event to talk in person with someone?

Whoops didn't see that post
Gosh MyKill you are so awkward haha.

They have a few threads that goes through a list of vendors (both on the forums and external sites) as well as their pros and cons. Friendly Bunch over there as well.
Awkward, keen and not sure where to start is pretty standard. Don't worry, its a pretty friendly bunch.

23-24 May, head to Dreamworld. It will be hard to find someone who DOESN'T want to talk about Star Wars costumes.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Signed up to the forum, started a new thread as Australian, 4xl warrant officer, in getting started. Figured that explained the situation pretty well.

Weirdly, I've been giving serious thought to the walker idea, maybe painters stilts or those kangaroo stilts for the reverse articulation of the legs, video monitors for visibility, hand controls for the chin gun/concussion grenade launchers? Attaching the foot pads might be an issue. Then again mixing stilts with having your arms inside a box you can't see out of would probably require a team of wranglers and/or medical professionals.
It would certainly give the Redbacks roster a unique entry.
e again, just found a .PDF for the hat pattern so that's good, I'm going to mock one up for practice, (i can worry about the disk for the real one)

Also, I just found out jack boots are similar to "engineer boots" provided you cut off the instep strap, is this acceptable for approval, if so does anyone know a biker/boot store In Brisbane that would have them?

I've also realized my earlier senior moment about kanan,
But from an imperial viewpoint he is a bad guy, just not the right kind of bad guy(RL Possibilities?)
Hi, and welcome.

If you don't want to do Chewie as he is a Rebel costume, you can do Snoova. He is a bounty hunter that was in Shadows of the Empire.

Being 2m tall you will still need lifts to get you over the 7 foot mark :P

[Image: Snoova.jpg]

Just a thought Wink
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

you rock Notworthy, he looks wicked, i'll have to leave him for later though as I've read that comic characters are hard to get approval for.
Just contacted epic militaria, and Clothears, like fil5117 suggested on the imperial officer forum (is it just my phone that has an argument with the clothears site?) Waiting to hear back from them. It'll hurt, but the cap and uniform are a problem I can throw money at, the boots ironically, are the hard part.

I feel kinda bad that someone else is going to do all the work on my first uniform, I'll have to pick something insane for a later project, for the feeling of pride and accomplishment from making something with your own two hands.

On an unrelated note, do glasses fit under a bucket, or are contacts a necessity?

Sorry, me again,
This might seem a dumb question, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but are imperial officer uniforms based on american civil war uniforms, a link I followed went to a mcalls pattern #4745. Would spotlight have an equivalent?
Found all 3 wookie madclaws
1. Zaalbar (old republic)
2. Snoova (can be original or Chewbacca in disguise)
3. Tojjevvuk (albino - killed by Chewbacca)
(Took a while to remember Tojjevvuk, hooray for wookiepedia)

Are 4" lifts feasable to get me to 7 foot.[/size]
(Tuesday 28-Apr-2015, 03:08 PM)MyKill Wrote:  On an unrelated note, do glasses fit under a bucket, or are contacts a necessity?

depends on the bucket... I can wear my glasses underneath mine but I have gone back to wearing contacts for the ease of not trying to shove my head + glasses in to it Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
If you put in 4" lifts watch your ceiling fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
That was already my reality, I've had to replace so many light battens because I punched the light off the ceiling taking a T-shirt off it became funny again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member - Worked on Ep II Viper Scout 28 38,209 Sunday 7-Apr-2013, 08:13 PM
Last Post: benji