hi from brisbane
In terms of the 'challenge question answer' If the question is "What famous Sci Fi movie was released in 1977" Then the answer is Star Wars.
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" - Leia

CTK-0630
I would be very surprised if that armour will fit you "out of the box" and there'd be considerable work before you could wear it comfortably.

Also the prices for things like the holster and belt are a complete ripoff. You may have issues importing the blaster as well, you need to apply for an import permit or risk having it seized by custom.
so theres no chance of trooping at the nundah festival unless theres somewhere else i can
get armour etc iv got the funds but im contemplating giving up Sad
Mate, dont give up. we have troops nearly every weekend somewhere.
If you got your armour and assembled, It probably would not have been "Approved" in time anyway.
small steps at first make big progress later on...
Help is available just be a little patient and the rewards will come.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
ok thanks for the encouragement im not licked just yet
but cant find any 501st approved armour sets premade cos i have no experience in
armour manufacture. can anyone suggest a seller for me or somthing ?
(Wednesday 21-Aug-2013, 07:45 PM)droll30 Wrote:  ok thanks for the encouragement im not licked just yet
but cant find any 501st approved armour sets premade cos i have no experience in
armour manufacture. can anyone suggest a seller for me or somthing ?

I understand that you really really want to have your armour set up and ready for the Nundah Festival but the worst thing you can do in this hobby is rush production and purchasing.

I would suggest, even though you may not like the idea to hold off on purchasing anything at the moment. Keep reading and researching on the FISD Forums and you will gain knowledge regarding where and how to get your TK costume on the fly.

This hobby requires time and you will save yourself money and pain by taking the time to do things a bit more slowly.

Hope this helps,

Sushi

CTK-0630
thanks for the advice

so there isnt anywhere that you can buy kits because im not very accurate at painting
things and co only pull off basic mods without help from someone.
(Wednesday 21-Aug-2013, 08:52 PM)droll30 Wrote:  thanks for the advice

so there isnt anywhere that you can buy kits because im not very accurate at painting

I'm sure that one of the experienced armour goers near you would be happy to give you a hand in assembly. From what I understand it isn't that tricky, just time consuming.

Take a look at this forum thread and read up on the different types of armour, send some emails to the makers, you can never ask too many questions.: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/

CTK-0630
You will find that most of us weren't skilled at putting together a stormtrooper suit when we all first started as well. But you learn by doing. Some of us have literally taken years on builds - my GM was over 2 years sourcing parts, figuring out how to put it together, personalising the fit and getting approval.

Your build is half the fun and troopers can identify each other when in full costumes as you personalise it during your build. If they all came out of a box and assembled lickty-split they wouldn't be unique and special as they are.

Just take a breath and take the advice everyone has given you. There are heaps and heaps of troops in the future - trust me you wont miss out!!! As everyone has said - rushing can cost you in more ways than one! 3 words - research research research!
DW2011CVICVII
ok thanks for the advice doc so its gonna take me two years to make a 501st approved stormtrooper suit ? ive been researching anything i can get my hands on pretty much and im about to go sqaure eyed from reading

i have no idea where to get anything from to start the building process. starting to think its too hard to make a armour set Sad
(Wednesday 21-Aug-2013, 08:52 PM)droll30 Wrote:  so there isnt anywhere that you can buy kits because im not very accurate at painting

Do not fear, that's exactly what armour parties are all about, there's almost always someone floating around in the Redbacks willing to give up some time to help a cadet get their armour together, in this Garrison, you won't walk alone.

Before you have a costume, there's still plenty you can do around a troop, we always need helpers to get us in and out of armour, and to wrangle while we're around the public, wrangling also gives you a good idea on what will happen once you armour up, which helps heaps, because Luke Skywalker wasn't far from the truth when he said "I can't see a thing in this helmet"

Patience is a real virtue in this hobby, many of us take months, or even years to assemble some of the costumes that we own, which is all part of the satisfaction when you finally get that ID number, and suit up.
ok thanks but i have probably a year at most i can spend on a build for a armour set i have no idea of where to even get a kit that will pass the 501st spec for enlistment or any experience or equipment to self manufacture anything reguarding a stormtrooper Armour unless i can get my hands on a kit im pretty much screwed since ebay isnt acceptable and the trooper uniform i linked earlier seems to be a peice of trash there is a cheaper suit on the shepperton website but idk if it will pass 501st specs

so wrangling is just watching everyone else have fun in costume when im stuck in plain clothes manning a desk waiting for my armour build to be complete and accepted im starting to get seriously discouraged

this is the cheaper armour kit from original stormtrooper thats ANH http://www.originalstormtrooper.com/shop...r-kit.html
and apparently 501st approved idk
Welcome to the forums Droll.

It doesn't take years to put together a Stormtrooper costume. Its more like weeks up to a few months depending on how quickly you can get the parts required and how much work is needed. The problem with premade suits is that everyone is built differently and to have it look right it needs to be fitted to you. If you try to rush your build then there is a very good chance of making a mistake. We are here for the long haul and taking your time now is well worth it in the end.

My advise would be to forget about this event in three weeks. Take your time, do your research and put together a great looking suit that you can troop in for years to come.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Stop. Take a breath.

I spent quite some time reading everything I could about TK armour before I even created an account on these forums. Then I spent ages asking questions, went and had a look at a couple of people's armour (you'd be surprised how friendly and inviting we are, I had two people invite me to their houses and one come and visit me to take me through their armour setups). And then I started looking for an armour kit to buy.

Then I worked most weekends and most evenings for close to 2 months to get the armour put together and in an approvable state. Not to mention the help I got from other members who helped me put things in the right place.

This is not an instant gratification hobby.

But the sense of pride when you put on the armour that YOU have built, is not something that is easy to explain.
thanks for the advice bullant

im not looking for instant gratification and i have loads of free time on my hands so i have almost everyday to work on my armour build but still have
no idea where to look to buy a accurate 501st stormtrooper Armour kit to get the ball rolling
im about 72 kgs and 165cm tall if that helps at all

it feels like im going around in endless circles can anyone give a websote to a armour kit or anything?