3D printed DC-15a
Thanks mate. As with everything I've done a lot of research so I was expecting it to take a bit of tweaking and I've got options to fix them. I may end up going with the 'ABS sludge layer' option to fix the sticking issue. I'm printing a small rectangular plate at the moment and a fresh layer of glue plus another bed-levelling plus slowing down the first layer has gotten that going well the first time. I'm keeping it in the corner away from the aircon vents too, and have been using 110 for the bed temp Wink It's got a BLTouch sensor for bed-levelling which seems to work very well.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Good work mate, you hit on another good point, reduce the speed on the first layer, from memory i think my first layer travel setting is as slow as 35mm per sec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've managed to get the settings sorted out and have been printing the smaller pieces of the next project (DC-15S) quite well.

I did some more 2(pi)r on a length of PVC pipe for the barrel inner and had the expected issue with the difference between its outer diameter and the barrel section inner diameter. I came up with what I think is a pretty simple solution and printed some rings that fill the required gap and keep the pipes at the right diameters and parallel.

Now I just need to reprint the receiver and decide whether I'm going to stick with the timber butt or try printing a new one. Oh and sanding.... lots and lots of sanding.

[Image: 20160530_162736.jpg]
ok i understand thanks for share it.
braindumps deals exam
I've been working on the electronics (arduino based) for this and a couple of Cmdrappo designed DC-15S while I plod along on my Kashyyyk Trooper build. My plan was originally to have a 10 segment blue led bar mounted on the rear side of the rear sight and have it count down as ammunition is used, similar to the DC-17M electronics some may have seen. However when I received them they were a bit smaller than I expected and I think they'd look a bit silly there, so I've carved out a hole in the rear side of the magazine for the led bar and will use a 9 pin serial port (same as the DC-17M I think) to provide power to the led bar and controller chip and also detect when the magazine is not on the weapon. I've also put 2.5mm magnets into the holes for them on the magazine and magazine port.

[Image: 20160927_205546.jpg]

[Image: 20160927_205531.jpg]

[Image: 20160927_205433.jpg]

[Image: 20160927_205446.jpg]

Although I have the butt done in timber, now that I have my own printer I've split it into 3 pieces (for risk management in case it c%*ps out half way through the print) and am printing those.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D Printed Thermal Detonator Studio 49 8 2,561 Wednesday 30-Dec-2015, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Rayvn
Build Thread 3D Printed Scout Hold-out Blaster Altair 15 3,643 Tuesday 8-Dec-2015, 10:55 AM
Last Post: MattyG
  3D Printed Boba Fett ESB Sidearm. aprilstorm 3 1,352 Wednesday 22-May-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: BIDS