Hopeful new clone
Hello there,
My name is Aaron, I am 28 years old and I am currently living in brisbane. I have been a huge star wars fan for as long as I can remember and have always wanted my own costume. I love making things in my garage, so making my own armour from a kit would be a great project to keep my busy (especially with all these lock downs).
so far I've built my own 212th grunt helmet and a Cody helmet and can't decide which I want to build the rest of the costume for.
I'm hoping to find someone to get in contact with to make sure I'm on the right path with both my helmets.

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello there Aaron and welcome to the Redbacks!

First of all, where do your helmets come from? If we know the maker we can steer you in the right direction. There are plenty of vendors out there!
If you could also drop a link to a few more photo's of your buckets I can take a look and nit pick if you like.
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
Hi bolt,
Both my helmets are from Chris the prop guy down in Melbourne.
Some not picking would definitely be appreciated, hopefully it's not too much work to get them up to scratch.
Here are links to both my helmets
Thanks

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/ind...ent-337340

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/ind...ent-337322
Chris is a great builder! so good choice on that.

I have a bit of a reputation for being super picky about clones so, in advance, sorry haha.

Here is my assessment:

Cody bucket

- I agree with Chris, the band needs to be toned down to a salmon/maroon colour, not red.
- Your right antenna (smoke stack) top needs to be a copper/bronze colour. It also needs the two black bands on the stalk.
- Your right earpiece needs the two black “rank stripes”
- The front bars on the dark tan stripes (on the top of the bucket) need to be painted grey.

More of a personal note, but your weathering could be toned back a bit.

212th bucket

- The only thing I can pick is that it may or may not have a neck ring, but I can’t see the base of the helmet in the photos.
So I suspect this is an approvable helmet.

Here are links to the two CRL’s if you want to scroll through and read for yourself:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost...ody-phase2
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost...au_Trooper

Here are some pics of my helmet if that helps  Smile

[Image: 51407781308_bfca66ac8c_z.jpg]

[Image: 51406763432_ef33243956_z.jpg]

- Bolt
Hi bolt,
Yea I have thoroughly enjoyed building both his helmets.
Haha, it's not as bad as I feared and all points are pretty easy fixes. I appreciate all the help
Do you have any reference photos for the ranks stripes on the right antenna?
I can confirm the grunt bucket has a neck ring, you just can't see it in the photo
Thanks again for all your help, apologies in advance for the mountain of questions you'll be getting from me.
Onto fix up Cody and make the important choice, do I build the brunt or Cody full kit?
Here is the reference photo I was sent while going for approval, for both the details I picked.

[Image: 52509660035_1964c26220_n.jpg]

[Image: 52508700892_0086bc62c0_n.jpg]

Answering questions is why I'm here mate! The more questions you ask, the better the final product Smile 

As for which trooper you want to build, it's up to you!
The grunt will be cheaper, as Cody has a bunch of specialty parts. We could troop together also Wink  would be epic having Cody and one of his troopers. 
If you want to do Cody, I'd be happy to steer you in the right direction for parts etc!
Thanks mate, you're a legend
Yea the idea of having Cody and a trooper would be pretty epic.
I'm leaning towards the grunt at the moment, it's definitely less intimidating as a first build
I'll be putting together a Chris the Prop Guy ROTS grunt in the new year. Hoping to use that build as a kind of "how to" thread, would certainly be helpful for first time builders like yourself.
So who knows, maybe we will be building at the same time and I can walk you through the basic Clone kit.
That would be incredibly helpful
I'm keen to see it, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out.
If things go to plan I'll be buying my own kit as a Christmas present to myself at the end of the year

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hopeful Future clone CorporalCorn 5 717 Tuesday 3-Jan-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Cyclops
  Hopeful future trooper in Brisbane Croissant_Guard 7 1,151 Monday 21-Mar-2022, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Croissant_Guard
  Hopeful new Snowy onboard! Starbeam_Antarctica 12 13,904 Monday 24-Apr-2017, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Hydro