New Guy
Welcome to the mighty Redbacks
Thanks for the enthuiasm Guys, but as I tried to allude in my intro-post, I'm not big on the concept of building a costume. Although it seems pretty clear that costume building is a large, positive, factor for some of us here, for me it's more about fulfilling my decades-old-desire to get inside the Star Wars Universe and less about recalling how crap I was in Home Economics in Grade 8. Hope this won't put me too far out on the fringes of the Status-Quo here, but that's the way it is.

Further to this, does anyone have an opinion on this costume I found on ebay ?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...0641678770
The name of the seller, 'Grub' rings a bell, but I can't recall from where. Anybody know if this is good\poor value or actually know the suit ?

"I am sick and tired of being responsible for the welfare of the entire universe and its outlying suburbs!" -- Rodimus Prime
That's one of the 501st members down in TAG. I will find out more for you Wink
That's TAG member The Hammer's Vader.

Very accurate from what I've read and been told.
Thanks Kev, standing by. . . .

"I am sick and tired of being responsible for the welfare of the entire universe and its outlying suburbs!" -- Rodimus Prime
And, well, not much more I could find out. The guy who is selling it doesn't troop any more and is not very active in the 501st. The costume IS a very good one and is indeed worth about $5K.
Hi mate few of us just up the road like Jaster said only couple hours drive to Mackay once get mine finished wouldnt mind coming down for troop and show what the Redbacks are Smile
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Welcome to the RBG Scourge.

Look's as if the other members are on the ball ref Vader info, good luck with that if you decide to pursue that build or purchase fm TAG/ fleabay hehe

Jag
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Hi and welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Just picked up one of these.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Star-Wars-Dar...4cf99aaf5c

Technically it's a start on a costume.

I don't want to put you down, but thinkgeek.com has them for $120us plus about $50us postage, a little cheaper, but it's a start, good luck!!!
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]