Another n00b! *YAY*
I'm Stef, Nerf's amazing GF =P

I've been looking into doing StarWars costuming for quite a while now so I figured it's about time to sign up on the Redbacks. I'm born and bred in Rockhampton CQ. I'm 20yo with the mental age of a toddler according to Craig =P. My initial tangle with costuming started with collection random pieces of Steampunk attire. My main fascination being with corsets Wink

I have already been looking into a few costumes over the past several months and I'm well on the way to acquiring a Snowie. I am also interested in the Imperial Officer (ID) but I'm concerned about the pants making my hips look more curvy then they already are. I like the look of having the high boots, but not the puffy pants. I have been slowly working on an Asajj Ventress but that's one I'm taking my time to do. I like a lot of costumes but it's hard for me to find ones that would sit comfortably with most of the costume being based on a male body shape and height.

I have met a few Redbacks and new recruits along the way (Muppet, Beanie, Tanya and Angelman) and I've also wrangled at a troop. I'm hoping that my Snowie will be completed by DW2012 so I can troop and meet the rest of you there. Smile
Hi and welcome to the forums Stef! Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Welcome sounds like you've come to the right place. You'll want to hit up Moxxxie if you need tips on Ventress ,she's done an amazing Ventress. Look forward to seeing you guys at DW2012 Smile
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Welcome aboard Stef.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Gday Kitteh welcome to the group. It looks as though you have some ideas on were you want to go with the costume, but if you want to consider some other female options there is also the Padme/Leia costumes ( rebels not good guys though ).
Welcome Stef Smile We've heard so much about you already, Great to have you with us.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks for the welcome guys Smile

(Sunday 2-Oct-2011, 09:02 AM)Deltorn Wrote:  Welcome Stef Smile We've heard so much about you already, Great to have you with us.

You have? :P Enlighten me? Cheeky
Welcome aboard, Stef!
Best of luck with your snowie - it would be fantastic to have another girl in the Garrison!

Asajj is a labour of love - mine took me almost 18mths, and I'm still going...

Hope to troop with you soon!
Cheers,
Mox
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hi and welcome..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
(Sunday 2-Oct-2011, 09:00 AM)stormraven Wrote:  Gday Kitteh welcome to the group. It looks as though you have some ideas on were you want to go with the costume, but if you want to consider some other female options there is also the Padme/Leia costumes ( rebels not good guys though ).

With main characters I'm quite particular about how similar I will look to them on screen. Although I certainly have enough hair to do either without a wig I would hate myself for having a different physique (as I am). This is only because they are such recognizable women. That's just me though. In saying this there are still some 'One off' women who I'm sure I would still be able to pull off =3

Craig said the outfit he could imagine me in is Padme's Dinner Dress..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Kitteh/Stef welcome online, I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person Smile
Looks like our little outpost here in Rockhampton is heading for 50/50 male/female membership Doppeldaumen1

Neither Lisa nor myself are going to be any help with sewing sorry Rolleyes

But we can most certainly keep our eyes out for other resources for you. Just let us know what you're chasing.
That really is a stunning costume, one of my favorites from the film.. and we always need new Rebels Wink

Youre in luck too, I happen to know that an awesome corset shop in the Valley has all their steel-boned leather corsets at $100 each and they definitely have that style.
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hi Stef.
Welcome to the Redbacks. Sounds like your on your way. As for an officers uniform the black uniform is the navy and they have straight leg pants. Its only the green army uniform that wears the jodhpurs.

And all you rebel scum bugger off and recruit on your own forum.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
TL;DR Stef.. :P

The CRL (http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...icer_black) for the ID black says that you need the flared breeches but from what I've seen from quite a few pictures of apparently approved members, they had straight legged pants with the high boots. I guess you can only follow what the CRL stipulates though and just because other members have it, it doesn't mean it's right (say for example, a member that got approved on TAG without a greeblie on her hat)..
@ Nerf...Imperial Officers with the black uniform may wear jodphurs or straight leg pants. The later must not be tucked into the boots.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...icer_black