Jedi Belt
Well, as most people whom have made a Jedi costume know, most of the belts available are not much more than cheap Pleather units, that really don;t last under heavy use... (No gut pun intended... Probably..)

Anyhow, there is at least one tutorial around, plus using the cheap versions as templates, I decided to make something that would last.

I wanted something that was easily recognizable as a Jedi belt, but still individual for my character...

To make this, you need a metal buckle, 10 SAM brown studs, 4 Chicago screws, and in my case a couple of rivets ad a couple of metal belt loops, But change things as you like.

The leather needed is a length of 60mm leather, plus a little longer of 20 to 25 mm belt leather. I started with natural leather and colored it myself, but you could do this with pre dyed stuff or black...

The end result is a belt that will last, is individual, and just as cheap as the bought ones.

I mention this all here, as some sith may want to do this in black at some stage....
PS: it's more brown than red in real life... The flash makes it discolor...

[Image: DSC02362.jpg]
[Image: DSC02361.jpg]
[Image: DSC02360.jpg]
[Image: DSC02359.jpg]
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Nice! where did you get the leather Wolf?
I love that your cat is helping you take the photo. Hehehe
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Yeah how did you train "Puss" to hold the belt like that?
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Nice work Wolf. Nice easy pattern that looks great.

@Mrs Gallia - As I know you are a Northsider, the best place on our side of town for leather is Packer Leather http://www.packerleather.com/
101-107 Boundary Road Narangba QLD 4504
(07) 3203 1323
They open between 7:30am - 4:30pm weekdays.

They stock belt blanks or you can have them cut what ever size you want. Also they have endless colours of leather to choose from.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
(Tuesday 17-Apr-2012, 09:42 PM)Mrs Gallia Wrote:  Nice! where did you get the leather Wolf?

For southside people, -

East cost leather.
130 Kingfisher Road Mt Cotton QLD 4165
(07) 3206 4667

They do anything in leather you can think of, and often have squirrel furs and other odd bits as well..Smile Prices are very good. (IE: 2 inch black leather officers belt blank is about $7.00)

(Tuesday 17-Apr-2012, 09:56 PM)Sithprincess Wrote:  I love that your cat is helping you take the photo. Hehehe

I have them trained to do whatever they please at any time. Smile
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
you guys are bloody awesome, thank you Peace

and there's such good workmanship and fine detail on all the costumes here! I aspire to reach those heights with mine!! Notworthy
(Wednesday 18-Apr-2012, 05:29 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  
(Tuesday 17-Apr-2012, 09:42 PM)Mrs Gallia Wrote:  Nice! where did you get the leather Wolf?

For southside people, -

East cost leather.
130 Kingfisher Road Mt Cotton QLD 4165
(07) 3206 4667

They do anything in leather you can think of, and often have squirrel furs and other odd bits as well..Smile Prices are very good. (IE: 2 inch black leather officers belt blank is about $7.00)
Smile

$7 for an officers belt? would love to see the qualitiy of that.Doppeldaumen1

Mac-Lace Leather
5 Natasha Street, Capalaba QLD 4157
(07) 3245 2215

Great service and very friendly
(Wednesday 18-Apr-2012, 07:02 AM)muppet Wrote:  $7 for an officers belt? would love to see the qualitiy of that.Doppeldaumen1

Mac-Lace Leather
(07) 3245 2215

It's exactly the same as yours, just no greeblie or buckle. My Jeans belts are made from it, Kit's Traya belt is made from it, Kit's Issard belt is made from it. My Jedi belt is made from it.

You can also pick out any other leather type, treament or colour, and they will cut it to your length and width, (if the dad is there, he does that stuff).

East coast sells the leather to mac lace....... Mac lace jack up the price and on sells it. $7.00 becomes $30.00......

I bought 2 60mm wide belts in natural, two 20mm wide belts in natural, and two black 2 inch belts for officers. $34 the lot, and he threw in a heap of scraps and pieces for holster straps, and general use.

East coast also sell to all the re-enactment groups, as well as the QLD Theater company, for costumes...

If you are only after Leather, East coast is cheapest by far, and will have what you want. They also sell online and post out to you....
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Wednesday 18-Apr-2012, 07:24 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  
(Wednesday 18-Apr-2012, 07:02 AM)muppet Wrote:  $7 for an officers belt? would love to see the qualitiy of that.Doppeldaumen1

Mac-Lace Leather
(07) 3245 2215

It's exactly the same as yours, just no greeblie or buckle. My Jeans belts are made from it, Kit's Traya belt is made from it, Kit's Issard belt is made from it. My Jedi belt is made from it.

You can also pick out any other leather type, treament or colour, and they will cut it to your length and width, (if the dad is there, he does that stuff).

East coast sells the leather to mac lace....... Mac lace jack up the price and on sells it. $7.00 becomes $30.00......

I bought 2 60mm wide belts in natural, two 20mm wide belts in natural, and two black 2 inch belts for officers. $34 the lot, and he threw in a heap of scraps and pieces for holster straps, and general use.

East coast also sell to all the re-enactment groups, as well as the QLD Theater company, for costumes...

If you are only after Leather, East coast is cheapest by far, and will have what you want. They also sell online and post out to you....

Someone isnt telling the truth, Maclace have told me they import their leather from Europe.
I will have to drop into Eastcoast, if the black belt is the same then i will grab them. Maclace belts are $20 + GST

Anyho, back OT.