New recruit. Costume Questions
G'day all

I have been following you guys for a while, finally decided to get off my rear and do something about joining up.

I am very interested in getting out and about and being part of the fun, and bringing the fun to others, the hospital visits really inspire me, as my son is a huge SW fan and would have loved that a few years ago when he was in the children's hospital.

My question is about costumes, I am obviously wanting to chat to someone about it before i go and blow $900+ online for a costume that wont be good enough.

I am looking at the deluxe vader costume, or the deluxe trooper costume from Starwars costumes.com. undecided yet, but leaning towards Vader.

I look forward to hearing from someone about this.

Cheers Damo
Welcome to the best Garrison on the planet!

Hey there Damo - we've got two Vader experts in the Garrison - Muppet and Kev Vader. Both of them will tell you the lengths you need to go to, in order to get a good 501st approvable Vader costume, and from the sounds of things costumes.com wont be approvable - not without a LOT of work done to it.

My first costume was a Stormie, and I still love it! You can get some really accurate kits these days - so PM our Garrison Membership Liason (GML) - Muppet. He'll give you all the info you need to get you underway!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the Redbacks Damo.

Do your research before you spend any money. I think you will find there are better options than Starwars Costumes.com. Donâ€t rush into anything and ask plenty of questions. We are here to help.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Hey mate and welcome, what ever you do DON'T BUY deluxe vader costume, or the deluxe trooper costume from Starwars costumes.com.
You'll just be wasting you'r money, these may look good in the photos but it's not what you get.
If you want to do a Vader check out the forums at Sith Lords Detachment or for a Stormtrooper go to First Imperial Stormtroop Detacment but your first steep should be to PM muppet for all your costume questions.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Hey Damo...welcome to the Redbacks.

Like above don't waste your time and money on those mate. Send Muppet a PM he can give you the run down on costumes.

Good luck and don't be shy to ask questions....we are a friendly bunch.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Heya Damo! Good luck with your Build mate.
May your passions surround us and bind us.......to the Darkside..
Bardy
Welcome Damo, where abouts are you from? We probably have members near you that you can chat to in person. Or get along to an armour party (AP).

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin
Rockhampton
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Don't buy the rubies !

You'll be looking at a minimum of 2500-3 grand, for an entry level 501st approved Vader costume.
You could do it cheaper if you were prepared to wait for parts when they come up for sale.

Then there is the upkeep and upgrading.

Good luck.

If you want leads and info on parts send me a pm. In the meantime have a good read over on the sith lord forum.
welcome Damo, we have cookies!!! Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
G'day and welcome to the Redback Forums!

A Vader is always a great addition to a Garrison, but it is a pricey proposition as Muppet mentioned. It is made even pricier by buying the Rubies Vader - it is money wasted and it is essentially unusable for entry into the 501st, as is their Stormtrooper.

Whatever costume you choose to create, make sure you thoroughly research it and ask as many questions as you need - we have the best costumers in Australia right here on these forums!

Kev Vader
Heya Damo and welcome to the Redback Garrison.

Another vader would be a great addition to the Garrison. The more we have the better, as mentioned it isn't cheap. But I wish you luck all the same.

Also keep an eye on the upcoming events, this way you can come out and wrangle at certain troops getting to know your fellow troopers. Also look out for armour parties, if you are in the Brisbane / South East Area of Queensland, I am holding one in July and you are more than welcome to come along. Wink
Welcome Damo,
Good luck with whichever costume you choose, as you've already seen you'll get plenty of help and support here.
Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome mate,

As you can see we are a friendly bunch.
What ever path you go down, do not be scared to ask questions. We are more than happy to bombard you with information :P

Best of luck dude
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
hi and welcome to the fastest growing garrison and highest standard garrison in the world Smile
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Welcome aboard.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012