fresh meat, hoping to join in on the fun!
Hi Kevin, Welcome to the Redbacks...!!!

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome krg its always good to get fresh meat in the garrison. Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Thanks for the welcome guys, was also wondering whether people sell used ones as well? A friend of mine is keen as well but would rather have a finished product that's been tested
(Tuesday 29-May-2012, 10:56 PM)krg Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome guys, was also wondering whether people sell used ones as well? A friend of mine is keen as well but would rather have a finished product that's been tested

Generally the armour sets are cut to fit your body type/ dimensions.
If you were to pick up a second hand set you want the armour to be as close as possible to your body type to begin with so that there will be minimal adjustment.
You need to get your friends measurements & then just keep a look out.

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
After much thought, I would go against my decision of shadow trooper (due to the excessive heat of wearing it) and decided to go as a traditional stormtrooper. But perhaps I'll go for the ones with pauldrons (like a Sand trooper from mos eisley) to beat the heat! And plus they look amazing when they have that "weathered" look as well as residue on the armor

Where do I go from here? Sorry for the stupid question
Not a stupid question krg, first check with muppet for his list of suppliers of armor, next talk to some of our Sandies like Jagged or Cavilier and get some thoughts from them and then join up on the 501st detachment forum for sandies (MEPD) for even more info.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
OH NO! Not another Dirty Trooper!! Wink

Seriously, the Sandies look pretty cool - and I'm sure Jaggered, Cav and Apok (our resident Sandies) will be more than happy to give you some hints and tips to get you started!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the Redbacks!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Kevin...you can't find a more helpful group of people as the folks on this site. I too am starting out and the help and encouragement is unrivaled. I'll help where I can too.
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
hi mate welcome to the Best Garrison in the World Smile the only silly question is the one u dont ask
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Go dirty! Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Ok! So I just checked everything out and inquired with the armors and have heaps of (dumb) questions but I decided to ask you all instead!

With the kit, I have found a few options!

1st) I'm looking at AM armor kit with an ATA helmet kit which is already ready to be shipped
2nd) full ata kit, though massive waiting time (14-15weeks apparently)
3rd) full am kit, but I heard that the helmet is the least detailed in the 501st approved armor
4th) open for suggestions?

Sooo... Confused-as! Though I really thank Jaggered and Muppet for their awesome help, they were really informative while I researched online.
For your body type, i would suggest AM armour and ATA helmet
(Friday 29-Jun-2012, 09:32 AM)muppet Wrote:  For your body type, i would suggest AM armour and ATA helmet

If that deal fell through then yea, what muppet said Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Thanks guys! But... Apparently, AM ran out of lite kits (just armor, no helmet) and will be looking at around a few (when i say few, i mean awhile) weeks before I get one soooo... Damn, it'll be awhile before I host an armor party! (but if there's anywhere nearby, I'll come and see how the business goes with it) I'm currently on the waiting list for ATA though, should I just go with full ATA if AM can't make it? Or should I wait? Not sure about the ATA armor but I heard it was good! Though the AM armor would probably fit me more due to my height and all... Other than that, I asked mouldman and he said he might be making more armor later in the year when he comes back sooooo fingers crossed I might just go for him if that's the case.

Again, thanks so much for the help! You guys are awesome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh Meat dbais 9 11,443 Sunday 13-Nov-2016, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Altair
  Fresh Meat Starkiller 23 25,603 Friday 23-Sep-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Dantryi
  Fresh meat Whitey 7 9,278 Wednesday 18-Feb-2015, 09:02 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma