fresh meat, hoping to join in on the fun!
hey guys, I'm kevin from brisbane and was wondering if you guys can help me make my own costume. (not quite sure which trooper I'm going to go for, but the shadow trooper is highly appealing). I've only been in the country for a few years but have always been a huge start wars fan and bumped into the garrison during my supanova trip down in the gold coast. so after I found out of it a few months ago, I wanted to join in!
Welcome Kevin

I replied to your pm, you might also want to check out http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/ they handle all things Shadowie.
Welcome to Redback Garrison, Kevin.
You should find plenty of help here, especially being in Brisbane. There are many things to consider when picking your first costume, 1 of them is the weather. The Shadow Trooper is indeed an awesome choice and I am one to push for more Spec Ops troops. However you may also want something that doesn't attract too much heat. I myself am a Shadow Scout, but my first armour was TK (Stormtrooper) and I will soon be getting a white Biker Scout for those warmer days where I want the mobility of a scout.
With weather being one, another consideration is the brand of armour. We have a local seller here in Queensland, I believe you'll need to contact Apok. And there are other sellers world wide. It can depend on your body shape too, being a person of larger than average I found that AM armour was good for me, but I still prefer to buy my helmets from Apok.

But yeah, I'm sure Muppet is already helping you and as he stated check out the Spec Ops site. Also keep an eye on the upcoming events for Armour Parties. Wink
Welcome to the Redbacks Kevin.

Good luck on your costume building adventures.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Thanks for the support and the friendly welcome, guys! I'm about 6'0 and a sporty build, so the standard sizes might or might not fit :S but hopefully I can make something from scratch instead. Either shadow trooper or even the general weir style.

weather does come in mind though... Sad it'll be a really hot one, only for winter lol! just wondering if there was a solution to counteract the massive bill afterwards? should i make the parts instead? im only a poor student :S
Hi and welcome
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome to the Redback forums Krg. Shadow Scouts look cool, just ask Hop, but can get rather warm temp wise.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hey there mate. Welcome aboard.
All I can suggest is start to save every little bit you can. This isn't a cheap hobby but it is a very rewarding one.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
If you are looking at a cheaper option, then the Shadow Scout is the way to go in the Spec Ops. I will be soon upgrading mine into a General Weir.
thanks heaps guys! so hop, how'd you start of? the shadow scout does sound good coz it goes in the lines of general weir
Well like I said I started off as a Stormtrooper. But I guess you mean to be asking about just the scout.

That, I got my armour (helmet included) from Studio Creations Link: http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bik...rsale.html , as I will be with my Biker Scout soon, group of us are doing a big bulk order. They are doing new helmets soon. Took me less than a day to put the hard armour and webbing together. Just had to wait on all the extra materials such as boots, cummerbun, undersuit, gloves and so forth. Now though the CRL is a little stricter. Take a look here for a list of everything you need. http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_scout . General Weir is a little harder as you have to make the Bandoleers from scratch. But other wise it's just a matter of obtaining a red visor, and painting the red parts of the belt and biceps.
Welcome Kevin, as you can see you'll receive plenty of help here. Enjoy your build.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
A big bulk order? You wouldn't happen to be able to sneak one more in? I'll gladly join in so you guys can help me create the entire thing Smile that way I know I'm being guided properly
Welcome Smile
Welcome to the Forums Kevin!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh Meat dbais 9 11,445 Sunday 13-Nov-2016, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Altair
  Fresh Meat Starkiller 23 25,607 Friday 23-Sep-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Dantryi
  Fresh meat Whitey 7 9,280 Wednesday 18-Feb-2015, 09:02 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma