hello from the gold coast
Hi my name is shane and like the rest of you guys over here im a huge star wars geek. The last couple of months I've been gathering everything i need to put together a TD, hanging out over at the MEPD, FISD and building a scratch built MG-15, T-21 (not finished) and a doopy's converted E-11. My armor is AM (beer gut Smile RS lid, TKboots, Pauldron, neckseal, black rubber gloves with latex hand plates canvas belt, black under suit also i have a field pack on order from Rick (DIRTY BOY) Bates from over on the MEPD so the only thing i think im missing is the pouches that i need? and whatever else i've forgotten of course. Anyway i guess i'll be hitting you guys up for your knowledge of everything sandy and look forward to meeting up with some of you soon.
Welcome mate and welcome to the longfins
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Hey Shane...welcome...looks like you have it pretty much sorted....pics are always welcome!!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forums,
I went the same route of amour, and with the list of item you have, you should go for MEPD Police Deployment.
You can check out my build thread and deployment on the MEPD forum, and if you need a hand, just let us know.
Ken

edit, found my build thread http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopi...omsearch=1

geebers, that was nearly 2 years ago, damn time flies
Welcome to the Redback garrison Badman. There are a few Sandtroopers down the coast, seems almost mandatory for people living so close to the beach. Cheeky You will also find that the GC guys have enough members to form there own squad, the Longfins, so Im sure youll be able to find a few people to help with your armor build.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Oh No! Cav & Apok are gunna loose their minds! Another Dirty Boy!

Welcome Shane, sounds like you're well on your way, enjoy.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome aboard, mate! Hang on and enjoy the ride! Smile
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Awesome start.

Reading ur post to confirm yes, you'll require x2 pouches for basic 501st acceptance entry & MEPD "Deployment" which looks like the road ur heading down.

See you out on ptl Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Welcome aboard Badman Td Looking forward to seeing you in the pit...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Wow you got organised even before you signed up, well done, not long till you start trooping. I'm one of the shiny's (why you wreck perfectly good armour I can't understand Huh )
Guess it must the big guns hey Lol
You're with a great crew down there, you'll have a ball.

We've got members all over Queensland now, so if you've got other friends, family, associates that are vaguely interested in helping us out, let us know, we're always needing helpers and wranglers with our charity efforts.

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin
Rockhampton Sector
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
thanks all for your kind words. Pics will come as soon as i can figure out how to post them, photo bucket maybe? computers and me we don't get on to well Cheekyl. Deployment over at the MEPD is what im after and maybe SWAT way down the track if i can fit into some more accurate armor, and yes i love the BFG'S. I have built an incinerator out of some cheep ebay armor for a bit of a practise run... didn't turn out to bad for something off ebay but i wouldn't say i'll be putting it on any time soon, and my wife is into the biker scout way of things (scoutjockie) over on the bikerscout.net so i guess I'll be building one of those babies in the near future as well, she's already got her soft armor all sorted and shes going with the SC hard armor. It always helps to get the wife on board so theres no fights over moneyHehehe anyways i think i'll start a build thread tomorrow if i can figure out the photo thing. Cheers
Welcome to the Redbacks. Good to see another sandtrooper in the making.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
welcome mate! Can't wait to see your RS helmet build, those things are incredible!
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Welcome to the Garrison! Doppeldaumen1
(Thursday 2-Aug-2012, 10:35 AM)seantrooper Wrote:  welcome mate! Can't wait to see your RS helmet build, those things are incredible!

thanks, the rs is already built i got it from wayne (dudesidious) over on the FISD it worked out a lot cheeper that way as they wanted about $400. aus shipped for a kit. All i had to do to it was touch up the paint a bit as im going dirty. looks pretty sweet don't you think? I might have to change the lenses for darker ones though?.
[Image: 20120802_105526.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New South Brisbane/Gold Coast DrHarry 10 3,392 Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: DrHarry
  New Recruit from the Gold Coast zeddy 8 7,581 Saturday 24-Feb-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flashheart
  New (Phasma) recruit from the Gold Coast Darth Cooper 20 22,651 Tuesday 20-Feb-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Lord Chad