DL-44 Blaster ANH Hero - OMG...IT'S FINISHED!!!
Hot on the heels of Buzzard Hehehe I too have begun a Rubies DL-44 mod. A request job as a matter of fact for NQdude.

I began by breaking down the blaster...

[Image: DSCF7442.JPG]

Don't worry Anthony, the sound system will be going back in Smile
Next was the obvious step of removing the scope which is joined all the way along the blaster...how lame.

[Image: DSCF7444.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7441.JPG]

The difficult part was removing the bracket. I had thought of using the dremel but it can be a bit aggressive. So I used my model saw and photo-etched blades to precisely cut out what I wanted.

[Image: DSCF7443.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7439.JPG]

Now the next step is trying to make the blaster look like the original gun it was based on...the German Mauser C96 pistol. This will take some careful planning and a lot of work...

[Image: DSCF7446.JPG]
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
WOW looking great Tim i turst u and have faith in u
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
(Sunday 16-Sep-2012, 08:55 PM)NQDude Wrote:  WOW looking great Tim i turst u and have faith in u

Ahhhh the pressure Lol
Coming along nicely so far. Started rebuilding the crappy looking side of the blaster (where the scope was attached). Shall post more pics soon once I have some real progress.
Royalguard

Smile and i am now no 29 on the MC waiting list Smile think gun be done b4 Armour
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Buzzard and I got chatting about our mods and we both hit the same problem while rebuilding the top of the Mauser...There is a curved piece that sits mid-section between the sights and the barrel and should be on either side.

[Image: DSCF7445.JPG]

So while I was trying to figure this out, I turned my attention to the housing for the hammer that I will rebuild too. I started by cutting it wider as a safety mechanism also needs to be installed.

[Image: DSCF7513.JPG]

Now the real point here...is don't throw away anything. Why, because the curved bits that I cut out, fit exactly to the profile of the littel curved bit I mentioned earlier...eureka!!!

[Image: DSCF7514.JPG]

With a little trimming and shaving here and there, the two curved pieces follow nicely and the with the usuall filling and sanding, it will look identical in no time. As you can see, I have also cut away more of the top section to be rebuilt as this will be a lot easier.
More details and modding to come...
Royalguard

Wow it is looking great so far Smile hummmm
Went on a work trip over the last couple of days and had a quiet night to myself so on with the DL-44. Managed to complete the 'scope' side of the blaster so now I have two identical sides. Will now move onto the hammer and safety housing.

[Image: DSCF7519.JPG]

[Image: DSCF7521.JPG]

Slowly getting there NQDude Doppeldaumen1
Royalguard

Wow it is looking great mate have big smile on my face
While I still figure out how to make a bracket for the scope and a housing to take the machined muzzle flash supressor, I knocked up the hammer and safety latch.

[Image: DSCF7525.JPG]

Here it is dry fitted...
[Image: DSCF7523.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7524.JPG]

Any guesses what the following might be for...?

[Image: DSCF7526.JPG]
Royalguard

Blue light disco?
DW2013 to DW2018
hummmmm i think i know Smile i am getting really excited Tim thanks so much this is looking absoultly faboulous
Nice very very nice, Pew Pew ( OMG did I really say that )
Finally I have something to report...made up a set of sights...

[Image: DSCF7638.JPG]

But more exciting is the flash surpressor and knurled nuts I picked up today.

[Image: DSCF7634.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7636.JPG]

I am a little disappointed as the surpressor is a little large for my liking. Lesson learnt from this...make the time to do up details drawings. I gave the old plastic end to my mate and just said "Here, duplicate this". Oh well...it still looks cool and feels nicely waited. More to come...
Royalguard

Smile yeah that is looking great u have some real talent the whole garrison has great weapon makers
Okay, I've wired up the red LED for the barrell. For me, the hard part was positioning the micro switch just behind the trigger. But I'm pretty happy with the result.

[Image: DSCF7641.JPG]

You'll see that I also had to reposition the speaker due to the new AWESOME flash suppressor which now houses the LED.

[Image: DSCF7642.JPG]

And I did have to cut some slots to allow the sound effect(which could be better), to escape from it's new home...

[Image: DSCF7644.JPG]

So with the wiring complete, I plan to fill all empty spaces with reshaped lead sinkers to add to the feel of a real blaster...as Boris The Russian said "Nothing says reliability more than weight. And if it does not shoot, you can always throw it at them."

The two wooden blocks you see are for the bolts that will hold the scope mounting bracket.

[Image: DSCF7640.JPG]

PEW PEW PEW!!!

[Image: DSCF7645.JPG]
Royalguard