Hello I'm Slothlike
Welcome to the forums! New Vaders are always welcome in the Redbacks and it's great to see you've gotten started on one.

As you are probably aware already, a Vader costume is a complex and expensive proposition.

The very very first thing you need to do is sign up at the Sithlord Detachment forums:

http://501stsithlords.com/

Here you will find the best information and resources available to get your Vader done properly.

Your next step would be to get some far better pictures of yourself in armour, and of each of your pieces individually, then we can start getting you on the road to the Dark Side!

Kev Vader
(Wednesday 9-Jan-2013, 10:15 PM)Bullant Wrote:  
(Wednesday 9-Jan-2013, 10:08 PM)Slothlike Wrote:  How do I get it approved?

Welcome Smile

And your answer is here:

http://501st.com.au/join-the-501st-legion/

and here:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-127.html

I did that ages ago and heard nothing back from anyone.

Thanks guys I think I can head in the right direction now I know where to look.

Drat, http://501stsithlords.com/ seems to be broken when I browse to it.
Will try again tomorrow.
Hi Mate! I'm a newbie too but everyone here is super helpful and wants you to complete your project, so don't be shy ask all the questions you need to, they know it all here! Cheers!
Hey Jeremy, I was the ANH TK Stormtrooper you met in Mackay and my lovely partner Lisa (LadyTarkin) the Imperial Officer, it may have been a little confusing as Daphne kept calling Lisa Stef and me Craig (Tusken and Clone).
Great to see you got on the forums, as Kev Vader said get on the Sith Lords Detachment forum, loads of information there. JOker and I can probably keep an eye on the US forum for you if you are chasing any specific items (be warned though, some of the items that get posted up only last minutes).
Hope you get the chance to come down and troop with us and we'll look to find some trooping opportunities with you up in Mackay too. Hopefully we'll have some new cards to hand out and see if we can't convince a few more locals to come to the dark side.
Has anyone made contact with "Star Wars guy" in Mackay?
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Hey! How are you?
I'm going to be taking some long service leave around Easter so depending what the family want to do and if my suit is ready and if anything is happening down your way within the 9 weeks leave I have off, it'd probably be a great time for me to visit.

I was going to take a bunch of proper photos of my gear, piece by piece and assembled, this weekend to get advice on what needs fixing. Should I create a thread on this forum, or the SLD forum?
I would say both. There are a few here Kev and Muppet, who have made Vaders, and know what to look for, plus they are "reasonably" close by to help you out. Muppet, does fly all around Queensland with his job, maybe he can see it in person some time.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome to the Redbacks, Jeremy!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Thanks for the welcome. After posting on the SLD forums I discovered I might as well put most of what I own on a mannequin in the living room as a conversation piece and start Vader from scratch. Either that or just keep the few components that I can easily fix up, throw the rest in the bin and replace what's needed.
If I'm going to do that, then I might as well forget about Vader and try something else. I was keen to make changes, but not ditch the entire suit.
I think I will spend more time reading the various threads before I decide for certain what to do.
Sorry to hear what you've got isn't up to scratchSad ,unfortunately Vader is an expensive build, but very cool when you pull it off.

Now that your on the right track with the SLD boards I'm sure you'll be able to research to your hearts content & make an informed decision.

I'd hate to count the hours I put into my ANH Hero research before I placed an order, but you'll find once you make a decision it all snowballs pretty quickly.

Good luck with your decision.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi Jeremy,
I did welcome you already, but letting you know that I just got into Mackay and could meet up with you this morning at some point for half an hour or so, if it suits you...
I am leaving this morning to head back down to the Gold Coast, and catching up with Angelman & Lady Tarkin on my way through Rocky...

Let me know if you have some spare time, and would like to meet up somewhere...???

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Saturday 12-Jan-2013, 06:03 AM)Azrael Wrote:  Hi Jeremy,
I did welcome you already, but letting you know that I just got into Mackay and could meet up with you this morning at some point for half an hour or so, if it suits you...
I am leaving this morning to head back down to the Gold Coast, and catching up with Angelman & Lady Tarkin on my way through Rocky...

Let me know if you have some spare time, and would like to meet up somewhere...???

Sure! We usually head into Canelands in the morning for breakfast and if you'd like to meet up there? Let me know what time suits, it would be great to meet another Redback in person.
Welcome to the forums Slothlike.
It was really nice to meet you this morning Jeremy, it is a crying shame about the rubies Vader, but... As I said, just have a look around the Forums, and have a think about what costume YOU really identify with, and then proceed form there... Smile

We are always here to help you on your journey to the Dark Side... Wink

DW2012 BN12
Thanks mate. It was nice meeting you too. Think I might go with an ID first just so I can get involved with what you guys do. After that... Who knows? Maybe by the time I'm retired I will have put together a decent Vader along with many other costumes. It feels like something I'd get hooked on doing and I want to do it right. Thanks for all the advice you gave, I feel like I'm just about to start on some kind of huge adventure or something. I'm sure you all felt a similar way when you first started out.
Also welcome to the verified "Super Cadet" group... And lots more reading... Wink

DW2012 BN12