Hello I'm Slothlike
Hello All,
I’d just like to introduce myself. I’m Slothlike, A.K.A Jeremy from Mackay. I’m brand new to the forums, I signed up a while ago but rarely get a chance to check forums as often as I’d like.

I have a Vader suit but it still needs some work. There’s a lot I’d like to do but no clue about how to go about it. I’m hoping to find some useful advice if anyone is willing to give it. Being 6' 4" tall provides some challenges too I think.

Attached are a couple of quick iPhone snaps of me in my suit and one my helmets, I don't have many photos yet and these are fairly old as I've got a proper Vader lightsaber now.

I’ve already met some of your members from Rockhampton when they visited Mackay last year.

Hopefully I’ll be able to check this forum at least a few times per week but it’s difficult with my job and fatherhood. Anyway, just saying hello to you all and looking forward to getting to know you on the forums.

Slothlike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

welcome.... love the middle pic
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Jeremy,
Nice looking Vader, and Welcome to the Redback Forums... Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Just discovered the mobile app so keeping track of the latest threads may be easier than I thought.
welcome to the forums! hope you have fun
by the way, I lived in Mackay for 12 years!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome mate. 2013 the year of VADERS coming from everywhere!!!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, hopefully I will be able to contribute more than just a Vader suit one day. I've lived in Mackay for 11 years now and it's getting harder and harder to do these days with the cost of living as it is here. Would love to live and troop in Brisbane one day.
Welcome Jeremy, another Vader is an asset to any Garrison, when Vader is on the Photo Booth there is a 30' line waiting. Did you buy the suit assembled or piece by piece? And 6'4", wow! Sounds like a good opportunity for a Malgus, at least that's what I'd be building if I was tall enough.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Jeremy,
I've heard a bit about you from the guys who went up, and look forward to catching up one day in the future.

Anytime you're down this way, make sure to sing out, always keen to meet new people Smile
(Wednesday 9-Jan-2013, 09:26 PM)BIDS Wrote:  Welcome Jeremy, another Vader is an asset to any Garrison, when Vader is on the Photo Booth there is a 30' line waiting. Did you buy the suit assembled or piece by piece? And 6'4", wow! Sounds like a good opportunity for a Malgus, at least that's what I'd be building if I was tall enough.

Malgus eh? Well I definitely have the right build for that and he has the coolest looking lightsaber.

I got the Vader suit assembled but I know it needs work. For one, the jumpsuit is all in one piece, I need to change it to pants, vest and arms, another this is the gap between my shoulder / chest armour and chest box is too much because I'm so tall. Not sure how to fix that yet. I need a better hook for my lightsaber and I've heard you guys put fans in your helmets! Definitely need that! There's probably a never ending list of things I'd tweak.

(Wednesday 9-Jan-2013, 09:42 PM)JOker Wrote:  Welcome Jeremy,
I've heard a bit about you from the guys who went up, and look forward to catching up one day in the future.

Anytime you're down this way, make sure to sing out, always keen to meet new people Smile

We have family down that way so will definitely visit from time to time.

They were a nice bunch who visited Mackay, it was a pleasure meeting them. Hope to do more with them in the future.
Welcome!!!

Well get your Vader up to scratch and approved, and make plans to be down the Coast on the Labour day weekend as it's the biggest troop in the Southern Hemishpere at Dreamworld. Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

It certainly is an evil looking saber, in case you need something to wet your appetite check out this video on youtube showing the Malgus Saber from Ultrasabers :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyPh9OIh...r_embedded

Can't help you out with Vader specific info, but year helmet fans are a must. I've got a pair from TheWolf to install in my TK.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Wednesday 9-Jan-2013, 09:54 PM)major payne Wrote:  Welcome!!!

Well get your Vader up to scratch and approved, and make plans to be down the Coast on the Labour day weekend as it's the biggest troop in the Southern Hemishpere at Dreamworld. Smile

How do I get it approved?
(Wednesday 9-Jan-2013, 10:08 PM)Slothlike Wrote:  How do I get it approved?

Welcome Smile

And your answer is here:

http://501st.com.au/join-the-501st-legion/

and here:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-127.html
giday mate if u ever get up the ville bring vader i am sure we could through together a quick tgroop would be awesome to have a vvader present Smile
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk