Hi Redbacks
Hey Guys,
New to the legion, My name is Dawson, My partner Kurumi just joined the forum too! We look forward to meeting you all.

Just had lunch with a couple of the rocky members (craig and steph) super keen to get started, but im up for ideas for a class. I'm 6ft 6" and i was wondering what i would fit into for the group. any suggestions?
Hi Dawson,

Welcome to the Redback Forums... Smile

I look forward to meeting both you and your partner Kurumi...

Glad to hear that you survived lunch with Craig and Stephanie... Wink

I normally suggest to newbies, that you start with a character that you are passionate about, or a character from the movies (or books, or games) that you identify with...

Hope that helps you a bit...???

Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Woo hoo, more Rockhampton members Jig
There are just sooo many costumes to do, the general advice you'll get from everyone is go with a character you are passionate about.
If budget is a problem Jawa is the way to go, we've been working on a 6'3" Jawa for Sithershaw so the Sandtroopers better start to watch out Cheeky
The other piece of advice to people starting this journey is ask on the forums before you buy ANYTHING (to verify it is accurate/approvable and value for money).

Hopefully we'll get to meet and have a chat soon.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Welcome to the 501st dude, good to see another new face in Rocky. Just hope you aren't taller than me, that'd really be a downer. I do enjoy looking down on Captain Rex :P
Hey there Ben, was good catching up with you both today. Smile

Thinking of which costume to do is hard, but at the end of the day you have all the time in the world to think about what you want (within reason :P ), and it's your cash so do what you want to do. Smile

PM sent with a couple of links.
DW2012
:DW13:
Welcome along mate. You are in good hands up there in Rocky with Craig and the crew.
Choose a costume that you like is the advice I can suggest.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Dawson, good to see more in Rocky, will be a great taco night on Wednesday by the looks of things Smile

PS...Look down on me all you like Sithershaw, my pistols even the odds up real quick...
as i explained to nerf today at lunch, im a little worried about rocking up as a trooper who is a head above the rest. thats why id love to get you guy's opinion on what would mesh well with the rocky/brisbane crew..
Welcome to the Redbacks Dawson, glad to see the Rocky squad is growing. Jig With your height IMO you would make a great Sith lord ( e.g. Vader or Nihlus ) or a high ranking officer ( e.g. Grand Moff or Grand Admiral ) so you can really look down at your minions. But still feel free to do anything from a stormtrooper to a jawa.
Cheers
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Thanks stormraven, nerf is seriously helping me out with a Darth Reven!
Welcome to the forums Dawson!
Hi Dawson!
I became a Redback only 2 weeks ago. I made a jawa and am making an Imperial Office next. Not everyone goes for hard armour! Its been fantastic fun, so I hope you have a great time here. Ask all the questions you need, don't be shy, the guys here are super helpful, and know an enormous amount .....and there's lots to learn! Just don't buy ANYTHING before you ask if its legit...

Hope to see you and your partner trooping in Birssie sometime!
Now a Rocky Revan, that would be cool Smile
Welcome to the garrison. Reven would be a epic costume. For your first costume go for what you feels right. A lot of people go down the road of doing a Stormtrooper first.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Welcome to the Redback Forums!