Hey Guys!
Dax here.

Fresh Newbie straight out of Gympie, I really admire the work you guys do. And I cant wait to be apart of the team.
I am 3 weeks away from getting my FISD Standard issue ANH Hero armour, and currently building my E-11. Now, what to do in the mean time?

Hoping to hear from you all.
-Dax
Welcome Dax to the Redback forums

You're very fortunate to have a great Redback in your neck of the woods- Bids.

What armour did you go with?

Ken
Welcome to the redbacks mate.

I highly recommend having a look at this thread http://501st.com.au/forum/thread-5318.html

This is Bids' build thread of his ANH armour. It is honestly one if the best and well put together suits I have seen. His thread is also so full of information.
If you get stuck with anything we are all more than happy to help. I also recommend trying to get to any armour parties you can get to. It is harder for you to get to because of your location. But the trip is well worth it.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Thanks!

Oh sweet, just a bit surprised! Gympie is pretty unpopulated.
A FISD Standard issue ANH Hero, premade in Perth.

Could anybody point me in the direction on a DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle? I really want to get my hands on one of those

(Tuesday 12-Feb-2013, 10:38 AM)Deimos Wrote:  Welcome to the redbacks mate.

I highly recommend having a look at this thread http://501st.com.au/forum/thread-5318.html

This is Bids' build thread of his ANH armour. It is honestly one if the best and well put together suits I have seen. His thread is also so full of information.
If you get stuck with anything we are all more than happy to help. I also recommend trying to get to any armour parties you can get to. It is harder for you to get to because of your location. But the trip is well worth it.

Thanks Man! I'll kepp that in mind Smile
Crypto I believe still makes blasters.
You can also mod a hasbro you E-11 with a kit called a doopy doo. There should be some info on FISD.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Yeah, that is what I'm doing now.
I'm just waiting for the kit to arrive. Smile
Hi Dax and welcome to the Redbacks.
Have a chat to your local BIDS he is the man who recently completed his ANH Hero.
For a DLT-19 there is a guy in Sydney(?) I think who makes them Nikko I think.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1371]
Who is the maker of the armour?

Sorry to say but that isn't an ANH Hero in the picture, that is sort of a cross between ESB and ANH. There would need to be some work done to get that suit to an approvable level. It also looks like an FX kit, not sure of the helmet though it is a different colour to the armour as well.

I would really suggest jump on over to FISD for much better options for stormy armour stay clear of ebay. Also check out this thread muppet did a while ago should help out.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-1967.html
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Dax, Welcome to the Redback Forums... Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hey Dax,
Welcome to the Forum, and on a personal note, how AWESOME to have another member in Gympie, WOO HOO !!!Peace

Sounds like you're well on the way. I'd recommend signing up over on the FISD forum which is the main detachment site for all things Storm Trooper. You can read to your hearts content until your armor arrives.

On the subject of that, is it a kit from a 501st Legion Member ? Were you the same physical size as them ? The picture looks like a bit of a blend of suits, ESB/ROTJ Helmet (can't quite make out the frown detail), ROTJ Ab Button Panel upside down ?, ESB Bicep Straps, ANH Hand plates, Elvis/Mariachi Boots.

If you've got time drop me a PM and maybe we can catch up for a beer and you can have a look over my armor. It might stave off the white plastic cravings for a little while for you.

Cheers
Craig

Sorry for the double info, in the time it took me to type my reply, Phantom already let you know the info.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 12-Feb-2013, 11:21 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Who is the maker of the armour?

Sorry to say but that isn't an ANH Hero in the picture, that is sort of a cross between ESB and ANH. There would need to be some work done to get that suit to an approvable level. It also looks like an FX kit, not sure of the helmet though it is a different colour to the armour as well.

I would really suggest jump on over to FISD for much better options for stormy armour stay clear of ebay. Also check out this thread muppet did a while ago should help out.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-1967.html

Kenith ~ something :/
The only changes I really need to do is the ab plate and the helmet to make it ANH, yeah?
I could just paint the ab plate and buy a new helmet?
and the boots... i dont think you would get approved with the boots

You could look at painting some or ordering from www.tkboots.com
DW2013 to DW2018
Well I did win this off ebay, but luckily have still not paid for it yet.
help?!?

If anyone can hook me up with a good armour merchant It will be most appreciated![/align]
Welcome to the Redbacks Dax , Im sure BIDS will love having another trooper in Gympie, but he has done a lot of work on his TK recently so will be a great help in getting your TK together.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome guys!
Welcome to the Redback forums Damian!