Ready to troop! But need to check first
(Sunday 14-Apr-2013, 11:59 PM)benji Wrote:  Hi Mate,
If it is this suit it is Rubies.
http://www.costumebox.com.au/brands/star...stume.html
Rubies may have licensing rights, but that alone does not mean a costume is 501st approvable. Alot of Rubies costumes require extensive modifications or are just simply not worth trying to get approved. Going from the price listed on this site, I'd say who've probably paid too much for a sub standard costume. I'm not sure of the cost of a Shadow Trooper is as I don't own one, but Rubies products are often priced alot higher than what their worth. I know what it's like tho, I myself purchased a Rubies Supreme Darth Vader outfit a while ago before I even thought of joining the 501st. But when I started looking into joining and reading up on the requirements I soon learned that the costume would have to be mostly replaced to be anywhere near approvable.

This doesn't mean your costume can't be brought upto 501st standards tho! I'm sure a TX would be a lot easier to get to 501st standards than a Vader. If you bring it to Gold Coast Nova you'll be able to get more info on what needs to be done to get it up to standard. We will be able to see it in the flesh and help you establish what needs to be done Smile Signing up on the detachment associated with your chosen costume is a great place to start and also checking out the CRL's (costume reference libraries). Doing your research is the most important thing when looking to join the 501st, it may not always be terribly exciting, but you will save money and end up with a much better quality product!

Hope this helps clarify a bit Smile

Ah that's make sense, righto I guess i have to come up and chat you guys about what i need to do about it Smile
Look like it's time for me to study all about CRL's and 501st legion Sus Thanks mate for telling me.

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 12:06 AM)hopfot Wrote:  Heya saiz,

Benji has pretty much summed it up pretty well. And don't worry, you're not the first. I almost bought one myself before joining. :P

As has been suggested, join up on the TX forums, the guys there tend to very helpful, as the Redbacks are. A word tothe wise, as a owner and wearer of Shadow Scout armour, and having worn white Biker Scout armour, the black armour does absorb more heat. Wink

Thanks for telling me, where do i find TX forums? It's seems i couldn't find it. Cheers yeah black armour absorb lots of heats and not to mention sweats Cheeky
Detachments are the costuming units of the Legion. Their role is to assist costumers in the understanding, formation and building of costumes. So the detachment for a TX is Spec Ops. This is where you will find all things TX related.
http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/
The CRL link
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ormtrooper
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 06:47 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Detachments are the costuming units of the Legion. Their role is to assist costumers in the understanding, formation and building of costumes. So the detachment for a TX is Spec Ops. This is where you will find all things TX related.
http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/
The CRL link
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ormtrooper

Cheers, much appreciated it Smile

In luck, i look at the CostumeBox paper and found out I can full refund before 30 days. Phew thank god. Notworthy
Nice...lucky break
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Wow...A Shadow Trooper....watch out TK's Wink
Welcome and enjoy the journey
BN12  GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome mate, and may I say congratulations on the way you've conducted yourself in the midst of adversity. You've received some great advice and instead of getting upset with what you were hearing you did the research and made the decision to try for more accurate armor.

I hope your refund goes smoothly and that you find the approvable suit that you desire without too many dramas.

Hope you still come along to Nova and call into the booth to say hi.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Phew! That's great news that you can still get a refund. For the same money, if bot less, you can get a much more accurate set of armour that will last you longer and look MUCH better Smile

Glad to see you taking everything on such a positive note too. Be sure to catch up with us at supanova and check out some armour first hand.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Hi mate, and welcome. Can't say any more that hasn't already been said. I hope you can get a refund on the armour, $1200 can get you a sweet Stormtrooper costume. A little bit more work, but you will definitely look the part when its done, and be part of this great establishment. Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 10:48 AM)saizash Wrote:  In luck, i look at the CostumeBox paper and found out I can full refund before 30 days. Phew thank god. Notworthy

That's great the hear mate, hopefully it will all go smoothly. Like said previously you should be able to get a way more kickass costume that will be approvable for $1200 or less Smile
Clones are cooler
Hey! And welcome. It's great to see that instead of being disheartened you jumped right into researching a better costume. I wish you all the best with the refund on the rubies costume and I look forward to seeing you build a more accurate/approvable costume. Best wishes Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 10:53 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Nice...lucky break

Aye Wink

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 11:02 AM)Elektra Wrote:  Wow...A Shadow Trooper....watch out TK's Wink
Welcome and enjoy the journey

Thanks mate!

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 11:09 AM)BIDS Wrote:  Welcome mate, and may I say congratulations on the way you've conducted yourself in the midst of adversity. You've received some great advice and instead of getting upset with what you were hearing you did the research and made the decision to try for more accurate armor.

I hope your refund goes smoothly and that you find the approvable suit that you desire without too many dramas.

Hope you still come along to Nova and call into the booth to say hi.

Cheers
Craig

Thank you, no need to get upset because I'm a happy guy haha, yeah i hope refund goes smoothly and find approvable suit too. Will defiantly come to nova and say hi! Smile

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 12:03 PM)seantrooper Wrote:  Phew! That's great news that you can still get a refund. For the same money, if bot less, you can get a much more accurate set of armour that will last you longer and look MUCH better Smile

Glad to see you taking everything on such a positive note too. Be sure to catch up with us at supanova and check out some armour first hand.

Yeah lucky i kept my receipt without it it will be a major problem! Thank and will catch you guys up at supanova and will check out armour and ask loads of questions Smile cheers

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 12:04 PM)major payne Wrote:  Hi mate, and welcome. Can't say any more that hasn't already been said. I hope you can get a refund on the armour, $1200 can get you a sweet Stormtrooper costume. A little bit more work, but you will definitely look the part when its done, and be part of this great establishment. Smile

Thanks mate, hope i will get refund too Smile Aye spending that amount of money can get super sweet costume and thanks mate again!

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 12:11 PM)benji Wrote:  
(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 10:48 AM)saizash Wrote:  In luck, i look at the CostumeBox paper and found out I can full refund before 30 days. Phew thank god. Notworthy

That's great the hear mate, hopefully it will all go smoothly. Like said previously you should be able to get a way more kickass costume that will be approvable for $1200 or less Smile

Aye, I enjoy Sev or any one of republic commando and it's seems that many people don't make that kind of costume or kits so I guess what best armour for Australia + Heat + Sand = Sandtrooper! Better look for more informations about Sandtrooper Jig

(Monday 15-Apr-2013, 01:26 PM)ashbash Wrote:  Hey! And welcome. It's great to see that instead of being disheartened you jumped right into researching a better costume. I wish you all the best with the refund on the rubies costume and I look forward to seeing you build a more accurate/approvable costume. Best wishes Smile

Thanks! Haha well I still love my costume but happy to do lots of researching for a better costume and yes i hope i will get refund back cheers. Thanks again Smile
So onto the question. You still going to go with a TX or start with a TK or something else? :P
You may have a change of mind as to what costume you want to do after you see us on the weekend. Wink
Do a clone! Clones are cooler Wink
Clones are cooler
Welcome Smile
I made the same rookie mistake and got a rubies. I was lucky enough to get a refund on my TK. Everyone on here is SO SO SO helpful and I'm sure you'll get all the advice you need to get up and running with a proper kit. I wish you all the best , and if, no, when, you get as much help as I have been given, you'll be extremely happy and Trooping with this Fantastic group of people soon. I'm almost there with my TD thanks to heaps of advice and hints on how to's. Ask the questions and you will be given the answers you need from a group of Very knowledgeable people.
Good luck with your adventure, don't give up, because the satisfaction and joy you get when you can wear a Real kit is awesome. It feels heaps better than being in that rubies gear, trust me, I know how that felt.
All the best ay Doppeldaumen1
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Welcome to the Redback Forums mate! Glad you could make it!
You definitely are not the first person to be fooled by the rubies gear, they are well marketed on a public scale so many people go for them until they see the other, better and cheaper options out there Smile

It will be good to see you at Supanova this Saturday, don't be shy in introducing yourself to us all.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have my stormtrooper armor and im ready to troop Diatium 5 7,712 Friday 29-Aug-2014, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Diatium