Hello from Rockhampton
Thanks for the help Michael, one guy on your list is only servicing the US. I am chasing the ROTJ version for one side of my project, the other side is the shadow trooper, but I am in preference to going through each piece and make sure it fits me as I go along.
Laugh at your problems, everyone else does.Lol
Hello there, I have been away researching some other parts for another costume, and I have come across this place. Can anyone here tell me if they are what they claim, or is this one of those places to avoid. I have learned that all to often we have places claiming to be many things but alas rarely meet any of their claims, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Clive.
hey Clive...

think you missed the link there bud Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Hahahaha Ummm whoops. http://www.jedi-robe.com/star_wars_shop_online.html maybe this might prove to be a little more helpful, maybe I should just go and make a Lego star wars stormtrooper costume, I haven't seen any of them in the 501st yet. Could be a talking point.
I believe Jedi robe is on the avoid list
DW2013 to DW2018
Thanks for pointing that out Duras, maybe I need some of that Jack you have in your hand.
I don't believe there is anywhere you can get a trooper costume from that is accurate enough to get in 501st with out a lot of work other then getting a fan built one
DW2013 to DW2018
(Monday 8-Jul-2013, 04:34 PM)Duras Wrote:  I believe Jedi robe is on the avoid list

Not exactly a cheap place by any means either. will keep digging for now.Doppeldaumen1

Clive.
(Monday 8-Jul-2013, 04:33 PM)Galaxy rider Wrote:  http://www.jedi-robe.com/star_wars_shop_online.html

Avoid!

Quote:maybe I should just go and make a Lego star wars stormtrooper costume, I haven't seen any of them in the 501st yet. Could be a talking point.

The have been done, although they are obviously not approvable. In fact it's on my "must do" list Wink
Hey mate welcome.
Cost vs quality of costume is the key here. If you want to troop and become a member there really aren't any shortcuts, unless you buy an already 501st approved costume from someone else. We have all learnt the hard way that membership does involve research and cost, but it is well worth it.

You can always go for a black 'soft costume' that's not armour. Reserve Tie Pilot or Imperial Officer are great costumes and easy to wear. Not as pricey as hard armour. It's up to you!
(Monday 8-Jul-2013, 04:47 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  Hey mate welcome.
Cost vs quality of costume is the key here. If you want to troop and become a member there really aren't any shortcuts, unless you buy an already 501st approved costume from someone else. We have all learnt the hard way that membership does involve research and cost, but it is well worth it.

You can always go for a black 'soft costume' that's not armour. Reserve Tie Pilot or Imperial Officer are great costumes and easy to wear. Not as pricey as hard armour. It's up to you!
I am after quality to be honest, but if the quality is not there, but the expense is then I am not at all interested, that is why I have posted my question about approve able sites, after all I think it is not much good buying an $1100.00 costume that is not going to be approved, as opposed to a lesser priced item, so to speak, that may be approved. it may take a while, but I will get there.Doppeldaumen1

Clive.

I may still try for a soft option to start with as it will open up a couple of doors that are not yet available to me just yet.

Clive.
Yes exactly. A lot of us start with soft costumes that are less expensive and easier to assemble, go to events, research and ask questions and go for a more expensive, complex costume (or not) later. Not everyone likes armour. Star Wars has dozens of characters to choose from!

Getting an approvals costume is a complex process that you do at your own time frame and is heavily dependent on funds, spare time, motivation and priorities. You pick something that speaks to you for a costume. There are plenty of folk around to help with advice and to share things learned from mistakes. You can make some pricey errors if you don't research suppliers first. That's why being in the club as a cadet is so beneficial. There is so much costuming experience up your way you're in good hands. Just keep asking questions and doing your research. Good luck!
PM sent
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Hi Michael, it has been a while since I have been back, but your PM has missed the mark, nothing in the in box, I will check again in the morning, afternoon, or what ever time I wake up, I am back on rotating shift, and it gets me into all sorts of strife for times and days.

Clive.

(Monday 8-Jul-2013, 04:42 PM)Bullant Wrote:  
(Monday 8-Jul-2013, 04:33 PM)Galaxy rider Wrote:  http://www.jedi-robe.com/star_wars_shop_online.html

Avoid!

Quote:maybe I should just go and make a Lego star wars stormtrooper costume, I haven't seen any of them in the 501st yet. Could be a talking point.

The have been done, although they are obviously not approvable. In fact it's on my "must do" list Wink

I think the lego costume would be a heat trap for sure, but would still be a great talking point, and would surely have a million problems of its own to overcome, I reckon a truck load of foam would be one thing, and that alone spells heat to me. hehe.Bigfan Definitely need one of these.BigfanBigfanBigfanor more.