New in Town......
Welcome Smile
I am a sunny coastian (for the time being) great to see interested people in the area. There is currently a troop at open cockpit weekend at Queensland air museum in Caloundra if your free... A bit of a drive but probably one of the closest troops till a bigger fan base is grown in the Sunshine Coast.
Happy to have you on board :D
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Thanks Wrigzach, Its a pleasure to be a part of something so big. I'll speak to the wifey and see if you can fit in a visit. I'm glad to see some Sunny Coastian. Happy happy Days.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
The sunny coast is starting to grow with more troops, welcome to the boards Stephen. I just finished building a house out the back of Kawana Waters so not to far away from each other. And yes the kids love the clones.
Make your way overt to CTNetwork as the others have said spread and a world of info can be found there or ask any of us and we will be happy to help.. I'll be out of the country for 3 weeks but would love to catch up for a drink sometime and help you with your build.

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
Cool Mortogg. Congrats on the build. I like the beach in that area, near the shopping center. Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming. Yes we should catch up and you can tell me tales of your tours with the garrison when you return from your trip. I could not sign up to the CTnetwork as they did not allow my e-mail address, tried a couple of my other ones too but it just kept saying "The email address you used is not accepted by this community. Please select a different email address." Hmmmmm.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
Welcome to the RedbacksJig
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Thanks mammasith
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
welcome to the Redback forum
Thanks muppet Smile.

He guys and gals. Advise needed, is it hard to build/make a scout trooper ?
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
WelcomeSmile Whatever you choose to build, there's a trooper around here who is sure to know plenty about them.

If you can, I highly recommend getting to a troop or an armour party, and having a look at the armour first hand, it's a lot easier to understand what's involved in the build, but also how much you can see/move once you're in the suit when you can look at it for a decent length of time, rather than just photos etc. Also it will let you get verified as a cadet, which means you can see a bit more of the forums, including the "for sale" section.
12 Gauge has a nice ring to it, that would be a very cool forum name Doppeldaumen1
I'm a fellow clone commander (Animated Phase 1 Cody), the clones are a big hit with the kids, they love Clone Wars.
Biker Scout is great costume too, you can sit down and get down to the kids level (which is much more difficult in clone armour).
Try to get along to an Armour Party (AP) if you can get a good look at some of the different costumes up close and talk to the members about the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Generally people tend to gravitate towards a costume they personally identify with. Which for me was the classic TK Stunt Stormtrooper from Episode IV A New Hope. But if you have a favourite go with it, if it happens to be a complex (or very expensive) costume you may want to go with a simpler costume to get you started and build the other costume over the long term.
If there is one piece of advice I can give you, is before you spend money on anything please check with one of our full members that what you are buying is "approvable" by 501st standards (many items on ebay and the like are not as "screen accurate as they claim" and often overpriced as well).

Welcome to this wonderful journey.

Michael (Angelman).
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
I'll keep an eye out for an AP. I think there's a foam armour party coming up on o e of the threads. Your right angelman I was looking at RC1138 boss and how to build one from scratch and its really alot of work just for the bucket but I think it'll be worth it. I forsee that it would be a long term project. The scout would be a great starter and if I can detail it to the kashyyyk camo. I'll look out for the AP to meet the teams and see the amazing gears.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
For the time, money and effort that will go into building something up to 501st standard from scratch, you're usually better off saving a bit longer and getting a kit from one of the makers Smile

TZA is a very good RC kit if you want to do a boss

Also the kashyyyk camp scout (CB) and the regular scout (TB) are completely different sets of armour, so you can't convert your TB into a camo scout and still have it approveable

Welcome to the redbacks too by the way Smile
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Wow I've never noticed that they were different. Well time to put the gold coins aside hehe.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
Hello mate.

Biker Scouts are pretty easy to do and we have quite a few people making them very shortly as we have just done an order for about 10 people for Biker Scout (TB is the designation) kits. We also have local makers of the "soft" parts, flight suits and boots. That makes it pretty easy to get those bits.

If you are going for a TB then PM Beanie and he will point you in the right direction of the maker.

Also to change your forum name PM Moxxxie. She will make you a "12 gauge" as soon as she comes back to QLD shortly.
Apok, thanks i'll look into the TB kits and its add on. I've pm moxxxie and I'm changing to GaugeRage.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017